Shawn's 15 Year Employee Guitar, Start To Finish

Love that you're taking time to film what you can of the build process. It's going to make taking receipt of the guitar all that more fun. It's great seeing it come to life!

Shawn you're going to have to pick a color pretty soon. What are you thinking now?

So, PRS guitars are not inexpensive. I think they are worth every penny, but still, not inexpensive. These steps are an excellent example of why PRS cost what they do. Between leveling the face of the headstock and gluing the veneer into place, we have almost 10 minutes of labor involved (not to mention the cost of materials). This attention to detail doesn't come cheap, but we want to make sure PRS customers get what they pay for.

Here, Dan levels the face of the headstock in preparation for the veneer

And Mike, glues on the ebony veneer

That’s why we keep coming back.

It’s also why my wife is comfortable buying a PRS I’ve never played - she knows the quality will be there.
I was at an event last night in Lexington, NC with PRSh. He talked about how to recognize a "magic" guitar. I just look for "Paul Reed Smith" on the head stock.

So, PRS guitars are not inexpensive. I think they are worth every penny, but still, not inexpensive. These steps are an excellent example of why PRS cost what they do. Between leveling the face of the headstock and gluing the veneer into place, we have almost 10 minutes of labor involved (not to mention the cost of materials). This attention to detail doesn't come cheap, but we want to make sure PRS customers get what they pay for.

Here, Dan levels the face of the headstock in preparation for the veneer

And Mike, glues on the ebony veneer

I finally got my wife to sit and watch all the videos last night. My plan was to lay the groundwork for that "someday" when my playing and our bank account could justify this kind of investment. She looked at me and said " Wow! I had no idea how involved the process actually is, that's really impressive". Even if it felt a bit patronizing at first, it was a victory none the less! I couldn't help but calmly excuse myself to another room to do my silent but very animated YES dance! When that day comes (hopefully before I die; i.e. she kills me) I will have Shawn to thank for it! So again, Shawn thank you for sharing this amazing process!

I will own no other than PRS guitars. Can't think of anything I want that PRS doesn't make. Thank you Shawn and all the employees at PRS for the magnificent instruments you make. Enjoy your anniversary guitar. Well deserved!!!

Back