Shawn's 15 Year Employee Guitar, Start To Finish

More beautiful than I ever expected! Congrats and thanks for sharing the whole journey! But most of all thank you for making the more beautiful by choosing...my signature color...
Scotts DREAMSICLE burst! o_O

Dear Customer Service,
You accidentally shipped my guitar to the sun. Neither my guitar, nor the UPS man, look like they did before the delivery. Can a brother get a little help here?"
Sincerely,

Your friend Shawn
Dude, you can’t just come on here complaining. Customer service aren’t here just ‘cos your guitar doesn’t look like it should.

Oh! Hang on different thread!

Incredible...just...INCREDIBLE.
I guess we all know what you’ll be doing this weekend. Enjoy that beast!!!
Well deserved.

Simply, congratulations. And thank you for sharing the build process with us.

It is a lovely guitar.

Wasn't going to be anything else really was it :)

Shawn - I'm not the most active poster on this forum, but I'm a regular-enough visitor. It was not until this weekend that I sat down and read through all 23 pages and watched the dozens of videos that illustrated the creation of your wonderful guitar. I've sent you a long post via PM in appreciation. Shorter version:

Your series of videos brought the company to life, and really give a sense of how many experienced people are working daily at PRS. I especially liked how you named every single person in the videos, for indeed, they have names to go with their skills and positions. They’re people, not units of production, not interchangeable parts on an assembly line. Seems like a small point, but it's important.

The bestselling crime writer Don Winslow was recently asked what the best part of selling his book to Hollywood was. Money? No. He replied: "Going to the movie set and seeing 150 people at work at their trade, making their rents, buying food, paying tuitions. Putting people to work at what they want to do and what they're good at. That was the best part."

After watching your videos of PRS employees doing their work, I see what the author was talking about. Enjoy the guitar, and especially: Enjoy it, knowing everyone around you put a bit of themselves in it.

=K

Shawn - I'm not the most active poster on this forum, but I'm a regular-enough visitor. It was not until this weekend that I sat down and read through all 23 pages and watched the dozens of videos that illustrated the creation of your wonderful guitar. I've sent you a long post via PM in appreciation. Shorter version:

Your series of videos brought the company to life, and really give a sense of how many experienced people are working daily at PRS. I especially liked how you named every single person in the videos, for indeed, they have names to go with their skills and positions. They’re people, not units of production, not interchangeable parts on an assembly line. Seems like a small point, but it's important.

The bestselling crime writer Don Winslow was recently asked what the best part of selling his book to Hollywood was. Money? No. He replied: "Going to the movie set and seeing 150 people at work at their trade, making their rents, buying food, paying tuitions. Putting people to work at what they want to do and what they're good at. That was the best part."

After watching your videos of PRS employees doing their work, I see what the author was talking about. Enjoy the guitar, and especially: Enjoy it, knowing everyone around you put a bit of themselves in it.

=K

Well said! I totally agree with your perspective. This was about far more than Shawn's guitar being built. It may not have started out that way, but it sure morphed into it.

=K

Thank you for your kind words Kiwi, they are very much appreciated!

I want to thank everyone for the support and encouragement (enabling?) you've shown me throughout this process. It was fun for me to share this journey with those who could truly appreciate it as much as I do.

Shawn

Back