Shawn's 15 Year Employee Guitar, Start To Finish

Is white a color? Is it all the colors or the absence of color? I forget.

It was worth a google...

"In the visible spectrum, WHITE REFLECTS LIGHT, and is not the absence of light. However, BLACK ABSORBS LIGHT and is the absence of colour. Black can be correctly identified as the visual impression experienced by a person when no light can reach the eye."

As a surface or a paint, white is the absence of color.

As light, white is all of the visible colors combined.

Correct, and black paint is the presence of all colors and as light, black is the absence of all light.

Man Shawn I a
Absence Sergio. Maybe that's why you like it so much? Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

I concur with the good Dr...hey btw can you hook a brother up with some laughing gas? Been meaning to ask...

Shawn I forgot to thank you for choosing ScottR Creamsickle I am so honored! :D it's stunning my friend!

Shawn,

Even though I've been to the factory quite a few times, these videos really show the quality work ethic every one of these guys & gals bring to the job! Just really great to see the steps involved in an up-close and personal way. Bravo!!

Jim

Shawn,

Even though I've been to the factory quite a few times, these videos really show the quality work ethic every one of these guys & gals bring to the job! Just really great to see the steps involved in an up-close and personal way. Bravo!!

Jim

So very true, I'll second that...I mentioned early on that this video documentation of the process helps swat any questions I had about the value these guitars. More importantly...questions my wife had about the price. Then of course she said okay, I get it but you're still not getting one...DENIED! Either way as much as I can't wait to see and hear it...I will be equally sad to see the videos from the build come to an end! I can't thank you enough for sharing this process Shawn!

Beautiful guitar in every way Shawn! It’s so interesting to see the burst sprayed...very deft touch is required with that spray gun, no doubt.

Everyone should go PRS shopping immediately in honor of this build.

Except me. Because, you know. Just got one. ;)

So very true, I'll second that...I mentioned early on that this video documentation of the process helps swat any questions I had about the value these guitars. More importantly...questions my wife had about the price. Then of course she said okay, I get it but you're still not getting one...DENIED! Either way as much as I can't wait to see and hear it...I will be equally sad to see the videos from the build come to an end! I can't thank you enough for sharing this process Shawn!

I was showing a dealer around the factory yesterday and he said "The price of these guitars is a bargain considering the amount of work that goes into each one". I agree

I'm floored with the work that goes into these guitars. I recently acquired my first PRS and it is the most playable best sounding guitar I've ever owned period. I'm actually in the process of trying to trade/sell some other guitars to get a 594 McCarty. These videos confirm why these guitars are so flipping good.

Do all of the US built PRS guitars go through this same process/attention to detail? In other words, does your standard Custom 22 get the same build process as this guitar or a private stock? I think the CE guitars are also US built are some of those processes automated to keep the price lower?

Do all of the US built PRS guitars go through this same process/attention to detail? In other words, does your standard Custom 22 get the same build process as this guitar or a private stock? I think the CE guitars are also US built are some of those processes automated to keep the price lower?

SE guitars are built overseas. All the rest are built in Stevensville, MD.

The Maryland guitars are all built using the same prosesses that you see in this thread. The same steps by machine, the same steps by hand. The differences are the woods, the features, the options and, in the case of Private Stock, the build team.

SE guitars are built the same way, but with overseas labor. All SE guitars are shipped to Maryland for setup and final inspection before they are sent to a dealer.

SE guitars are built overseas. All the rest are built in Stevensville, MD.

The Maryland guitars are all built using the same prosesses that you see in this thread. The same steps by machine, the same steps by hand. The differences are the woods, the features, the options and, in the case of Private Stock, the build team.

SE guitars are built the same way, but with overseas labor. All SE guitars are shipped to Maryland for setup and final inspection before they are sent to a dealer.

That's just amazing to me. Kudos to PRS for taking the time to build such amazing instruments. I'm Definitely a customer for life.

Back