Sh!t.... I guess I like John Mayer now.

Discussion in 'Artists & Music' started by sergiodeblanc, May 31, 2018.

1. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

You don’t like JM video PJ’s?!;)

Huggy B likes this.
  2. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Impressive!

Huggy B likes this.
  3. Huggy B

Huggy B Fascinating!!! ....... but highly illogical.

Don't get me started about the PRS playing legend that is..... .............?Michael Schawel?o_O
    He's pretty good.

I wish I could sing like him too.:D

4. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

He’s a serious talent. Then, too, so’s Mayer.

Then again, I think it’s a little odd for anyone to bother carrying a hate-torch for someone they don’t actually know once they’re out of middle school. :rolleyes:

#44 LSchefman, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  5. AP515

AP515 Mostly Normal

I'm not a fan of Bruno, but it only takes 10 seconds watching or listening to him to realize he's got real talent. Just not my kind of entertainment.

LSchefman likes this.
  6. ScottR

ScottR If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.

Case in point Prince...there was a lot to dislike about his purple badness...but bottom line...imho he was one of the most gifted and talented human beings... in history ... talent is talent.

I can't fault the guys skills..I've made no bones about my impression of JM, that being said...the dude slays with the talent he possess and the tone he just so effortlessly delivers, I can't help but like his playing! Do I enjoy watching him play? Or sing?...uh, not so much, but homeboy has serious mojo when he plays! So because of that and that alone he ranks with some of the best I've heard play....period...

Don't get it twisted, everytime I see him play, I still feel that he is in desperate need of a "truss rod adjustment" but I have to give respect for the guys talent and it doesn't hurt too much for me to admit that amongst friends.​

Plus, I've had to learn to accept it...ya know, since he's one of us (prs head) now...for that he gets a pass all day every day...;)

#46 ScottR, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    sergiodeblanc, Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  7. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

not commenting on ‘the talent’ or carrying a torch, and no i don’t know anyone personally, just heard enough of the act. and yes i am aware i am nobody and ‘bruno mars’ is a really big star, so i should not dislike his rom-com crooning, watered-down funk, and glowering persona.

8. Huggy B

Huggy B Fascinating!!! ....... but highly illogical.

It's hard for me to hate on him cause he's actually going against the grain of todays market in doing throwback funk and 80's style R&B and not some HipHop influenced Pop. That actually takes some (musical) doing to make it appealing to young listeners and a whole lotta balls to take the risk.

..... but you're right, it is kinda generic sounding to and old skool funkateer like me.

jxe likes this.