Seymour Duncan Replacements

NRVPaul

I have a 2006 Singlecut Trem with #6 pickups in it and am looking for a fatter/hevier sound. Any suggestions for Duncans or other affordable pickups?

58IFk91.jpg

I have a Duncan Alternative 8 in the lead position of a LP, it definitely fits the description of fatter/heavier. It has alnico 8 magnets and is wound to around 16k ohms. I paired it with a Duncan Jazz in the neck. I've never tried PRS#6 pickups, so I couldn't offer a comparison. If you wanted to stay true to PRS, you could watch for a used set of 'M' pickups.

Tom

I have a Duncan 36th and and a Dimarzio Tone zone in a CU22 of mine very full sounding the Tone zone is very beefy :)
I also have an HFS I was thinking of trying in my SCT

I have a Tremonti SE (my experimental guitar) and fitted the SD Hot Rodded Humbucker Set. The main reason was I wanted to experiment with coil tapping/splitting but, I have to say, it is excellent, no, it's great, and I even prefer it to my PRS Singlecut and my LP standard. You can always ask Seymour Duncan what they suggest on Twitter, try it, I did. You don't have to go with it.

Back