Seven Degrees of PRS

frankb56

I'm relatively new to this forum and even though it's a public forum I get the sense that a lot of you know each other..... other than the obvious...we all own at least one PRS guitar....what's the connection between y'all.

My connection is that I don't know anybody else that isn't sick of hearing me talk about PRS guitars, you guys might be... but you can't stop me.

Oh, and Frank and I are half-brothers in a fictional story.

Last edited:
Don't really know any of these people. Hope to meet as many as I can at the PRS Experience. Just a common interest we all share. Like Sergio said, no one else I know wants to talk about PRS stuff as much. Many do know each other, but in my experience everyone here is respectful and pleasant, and that makes it more friendly, even if we haven't met.

We're all children of a particularly prolific sperm donor in what used to be known as Czechoslovakia. We were all processed through a semi-legal Romanian orphanage, where we were kept until the age of 5 months, 13 days. During that time, subliminal tapes were played in our cribs extolling the virtues of three-named guitar makers based in the Eastern United States. Then we were parceled out to people desperate enough to adopt that they were willing to work the gray market. After adoption, we were monitored through chips implanted at the base of our skulls.

Basically, we're a semi-elaborate high school science fair project.

We're all children of a particularly prolific sperm donor in what used to be known as Czechoslovakia. We were all processed through a semi-legal Romanian orphanage, where we were kept until the age of 5 months, 13 days. During that time, subliminal tapes were played in our cribs extolling the virtues of three-named guitar makers based in the Eastern United States. Then we were parceled out to people desperate enough to adopt that they were willing to work the gray market. After adoption, we were monitored through chips implanted at the base of our skulls.

Except me. Because there was no such thing as science back when I was born.

I was left as a sacrificial offering by my superstitious parents, who were quite happy when they returned to the altar and discovered that the gods had accepted their son. What they didn't know was that I was taken away by a childless couple who wanted a baby. My adoptive father was a shaman who spent his career knocking on wood. It must have had an effect on me, because I learned a lot about tone. My mother was a cave wall painter. As a result, I was always interested in the arts.

I was a member of the very first rock band in the world.

We would hit rocks together and make sounds. Eventually we discovered that different rocks had different pitches. After a long search, we discovered 12 rocks that sounded pretty good together, and we could make music.

Mostly we played tuned down to Cb, We played hard rock for obvious reasons. Soft rocks would break too easily. But we discovered metals when the rocks broke, and we had the first tune that went Gold. But it was a one-hit wonder. ;)

In all seriousness, some of us go back to the original PRS Forum, back in the late 90s. As time goes on, you get to "know" people you haven't met in person - I've never met anyone here, and have never been to an Experience.

But it's a very welcoming group. You won't feel "new" for long. And lots of us are characters. So it can be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

:laugh:
That would explain how I got the passion, without much of the talent.

So, is Albrect Smuten our daddy?

Some of the guys on here have known each other for many years, mainly from previous forum/s (e.g. the now dead "Birds and Moons").

I'm on the other side of the world and don't know them from a bar of soap.

I get it now, you're all a bunch of psycho's still wobbling over the LSD trips you took back in the 60's.:star:

Frank,

I don't know anybody here other than through here (with the exception of some e-mails). I live on the flat, ugly plains of Texas, on the fringes of civilization, and have yet to meet any forum members in person.

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - I think your dog is cute.

Last edited:
I met most of these reprobates when in the slammer...

No?

Well, I've been luck enough to attend all 6 of the PRS Experienci (that's for Les ;):box::rofl:), and the 4 "Old" PRS Forum events. I've hosted several shindigs at my house, and attended several others. Plus, I headed out to NAMM for 3-4 of the shows. It's been 14 years or so, for me, so you get to meet a lot of folks.

Most still talk to me... :vroam:

Jamie

P.S. I knew Jim Cullen when he was still in short pants... Oh, wait... He's STILL in shorts! :rofl:

I don't really know anyone here, but can all but guarantee that many of us own guitars that were once owned by other members. I've contributed at least two to the pool that I can still trace to others, and around here it's more like 2 or 3 degrees of separation via guitar.

Except me. Because there was no such thing as science back when I was born.

I was left as a sacrificial offering by my superstitious parents, who were quite happy when they returned to the altar and discovered that the gods had accepted their son. What they didn't know was that I was taken away by a childless couple who wanted a baby. My adoptive father was a shaman who spent his career knocking on wood. It must have had an effect on me, because I learned a lot about tone. My mother was a cave wall painter. As a result, I was always interested in the arts.

I was a member of the very first rock band in the world.

We would hit rocks together and make sounds. Eventually we discovered that different rocks had different pitches. After a long search, we discovered 12 rocks that sounded pretty good together, and we could make music.

Mostly we played tuned down to Cb, We played hard rock for obvious reasons. Soft rocks would break too easily. But we discovered metals when the rocks broke, and we had the first tune that went Gold. But it was a one-hit wonder. ;)

In all seriousness, some of us go back to the original PRS Forum, back in the late 90s. As time goes on, you get to "know" people you haven't met in person - I've never met anyone here, and have never been to an Experience.

But it's a very welcoming group. You won't feel "new" for long. And lots of us are characters. So it can be a lot of fun.

I LOVE THIS!

Back