Setup Info All In One Place?

Ultrastick

Hello, new member here. I've been surfing the forum for a while and I was wondering if there was, on this site, or PRS's site---complete directions on how to set up your guitar, for those of us who have the capability. Information such as string height at nut, amount of relief, how to adjust torque rod, saddle adjustment, intonation, tremolo adjustment---and if there is a preferred sequence these items should be done in. I've been playing for 50 years and do my own maintenance, but it would be nice to have something to refer to, just to jog the old, uh, memory.

I'm enjoying the heck out of the site. Former owner of 3 PRS guitars, one of which I'm still kicking myself for selling. Current owner of a wine colored Indonesian PRS that sounds just great!. Can't wait to plug it in to my Sonzera 20 if it ever gets here.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello, new member here. I've been surfing the forum for a while and I was wondering if there was, on this site, or PRS's site---complete directions on how to set up your guitar, for those of us who have the capability. Information such as string height at nut, amount of relief, how to adjust torque rod, saddle adjustment, intonation, tremolo adjustment---and if there is a preferred sequence these items should be done in. I've been playing for 50 years and do my own maintenance, but it would be nice to have something to refer to, just to jog the old, uh, memory.

I'm enjoying the heck out of the site. Former owner of 3 PRS guitars, one of which I'm still kicking myself for selling. Current owner of a wine colored Indonesian PRS that sounds just great!. Can't wait to plug it in to my Sonzera 20 if it ever gets here.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome! I admit, there are some great resources out there, but not in the same spot. The link above is definitive. I also refer to these YouTube videos for all of my setups, originally from PRS...

Hey! Thanks so much guys. Maybe a topic like this ought to be a sticky somewhere, or otherwise easy to find on down the road. BTW, my handle and avatar are the name of an RC airplane I used to fly, the Ultrastick. I flew RC for 40 years until my son turned me on to golf. That's a story for another time.....

Maybe I need to post this as another topic, but have any of you taken delivery of a Sonzera yet? I've been reading everything I can find on the net, but personal impressions like on this forum are particularly valuable to me.

Thanks again, and my pleasure to be amongst you!

Maybe I need to post this as another topic, but have any of you taken delivery of a Sonzera yet? I've been reading everything I can find on the net, but personal impressions like on this forum are particularly valuable to me.

Thanks again, and my pleasure to be amongst you!

Welcome to the Forum. There's some great info in this thread about the Sonzera.

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/prs-sonzera.21241/

Back