Setup guide for PRS acoustic guitars?

aPeRSon

I've just got a new SE Angelus electro acoustic, my first acoustic guitar for twenty plus years. I found the strings to be quite a bit heavier than what I'm used to on my electrics, so I've changed them for a slightly lighter gauge and need to tweak the neck relief to compensate. I've used the PRS setup guide successfully for both my PRS electrics, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent guide for the acoustics.

I'm happy to make the necessary tweaks, but I have no experience in adjusting acoustics - should I use the same settings (neck relief) for the Angelus, or can anyone point me in the direction of a good web guide?

Can anyone from PRS let me know if the setup section of the web site will be expanded to cover the acoustics too?

Last edited:
We just use a standard set up for the acoustic SE's. We like to set the action at the 12th fret 3/32nd on the bass side and between 2/32nd and 3/32nd on the treble side. The string height at the first fret we set to around 1/64th.

I hope that helps

Last edited:
Hi Shawn - thanks for the info. What about neck relief - 0.010" at the eighth fret (with strings fretted at first and last fret), just like the electrics?

I've been doing some research on the web, but what I've read about neck refief so far varies. A lot.

Back