Setting Up HXDA Type Amp

Yes I use an OX with a 100w Archon. As pac90 says... the attenuator enables you to work both gain and master to get a lot more tone variation without having to work within the first few degrees of arc ;-). It seems to be very transparent in this role. Next you have the digital modelling of the cabinet, mic, room and some outboard FX - this part is truly awesome - I use in two ways: headphones for silent practice... but the real treat is to send the direct out into a stereo amp and add some ambience and buy volume emulation to your amp tone. Lastly it is the best recording interface I have yet heard that doesn’t involve all the hassle of real hardware and rooms. Audition one - they are really good IMHO!

So I posted this link in response to the MT-15 thread, but really it belongs here, because the amp used on this song is the HXDA on all guitar tracks, clean, crunch and overdriven. The only pedals are a little delay, and a wah on the (two cats fighting in a bag) guitar solo. The little intro snippet is the HXDA through a Moog filter during mixdown.

The song is Waves of Blue. First band for me in a long time.

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/waves-of-blue
Sounds great. Even on my crappy iPad speakers!

Must proof read posts : “buy volume” was meant to be something about big cab or room emulation or something like that. Anyway it sounds very good is what I’m getting at.

So I posted this link in response to the MT-15 thread, but really it belongs here, because the amp used on this song is the HXDA on all guitar tracks, clean, crunch and overdriven. The only pedals are a little delay, and a wah on the (two cats fighting in a bag) guitar solo. The little intro snippet is the HXDA through a Moog filter during mixdown.

The song is Waves of Blue. First band for me in a long time.

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/waves-of-blue

I love it, good sound and good job.

I remixed Waves of Blue to clean up a few little details and reset the link in my post.

Back