SE's - Best Replacement Nut?

Grover 406c mini rotomatic tuners are a direct fit. They do a great job

Just wanted to say thanks and keep u guys posted as requested. Thanks osirisprotocal and bubbalou and everyone else that helped me out by posting all this great info. My se custom 22 now plays like new with only minor buzz (mostly on the low e but nothing that affects the tone or resonance). I leveled the frets a bit and put on a US wide-thin/fat nut with a little shim and now it plays way better than befor. Thanks again guys, I really wanted to get a few more years outa this guitar because I absolutely love it. Now I can thanks to u!

Recently just got a SE “ONE” and I gotta say wow what a great axe! I also purchased the Tusq Nut. I hope it improves the sustain and feel. I also bought a dual concentric pot so I can do a Volume and Tone in one. Are the SE locking tuners that good of an upgrade?

I did the "drop test" with Tusq vs PRS USA and the Tusq rang out more than the USA. Now, whether that translates to real world tone results, I don't know. I do know the Tusq sounded better installed than the SE nut it replaced.

I did the "drop test" with Tusq vs PRS USA and the Tusq rang out more than the USA. Now, whether that translates to real world tone results, I don't know. I do know the Tusq sounded better installed than the SE nut it replaced.
So what did you drop your nut on?

:D

They are the same.

I eagerly await literally anyone from PRS posting on here that they aren’t ;-)
They may be today, but they haven't always. They used to be cheap white plastic. I replaced them on an SE One and a SE Bernie Marsden. I can't recall the year of the One, but the Bernie was from 2012. The website now lists the nut on the SE line and the Core models simply as;

Nut - PRS

It would make sense that they changed to the Core version since the white nut was a weak point on the SEs. I don't have a pic of the One or the Bernie that shows the nut, but you can see it on this pic of the "Forum Guitar."

iZJsaVT.jpg

Back