Serial numbers/registration

If the guitar or amp is new, I don't see why not. Used pieces may not have transferable warranties. But new gear, likely wise to register if perhaps you'd feel more comfortable doing so. If there isn't a risk or hazard, I'd say, sure.

PRS customer support, IIRC, has a page to register new gear. Not sure where, likely somewhere as a link to their homepage.

EDIT: Yep, at the bottom of their homepage "Register Your PRS". Provides a form to fill out that will register your PRS guitar or amp, new or used. Even a part that allows you to tell PRS a little about yourself. You receive an email confirming your PRS account, then just click on the the confirmation link.

Last edited:
If the guitar or amp is new, I don't see why not. Used pieces may not have transferable warranties. But new gear, likely wise to register if perhaps you'd feel more comfortable doing so. If there isn't a risk or hazard, I'd say, sure.

PRS customer support, IIRC, has a page to register new gear. Not sure where, likely somewhere as a link to their homepage.

EDIT: Yep, at the bottom of their homepage "Register Your PRS". Provides a form to fill out that will register your PRS guitar or amp, new or used. Even a part that allows you to tell PRS a little about yourself. You receive an email confirming your PRS account, then just click on the the confirmation link.

F O U N D I T ! ! !

Thanks, mate!

I hope it didn't go all half retard like I did here and enter in the wrong serial number!
That would be bad.

F O U N D I T ! ! !

Thanks, mate!

I hope it didn't go all half retard like I did here and enter in the wrong serial number!
That would be bad.

You're welcome! I was surprised that PRS allows registration of used gear, but they have a section for that, as well. FTR, being 'slow' to some things has its benefits. Trust me on this, because someday, it'll help you cope with a difficult situation you'd rather not deal with. Meanwhile, enjoy Sunday's practice. Me, heading to bed with some decaf tea and apple pie (no dig intended, just my sweet treat for myself before toothbrush and bed)

FWIW, I've been fortunate enough to have all new gear except my Wah Wah pedal which was a return and my MXR Distortion+ I bought used bec I was sick to death of my Boss (you know which) pedal. I had to get anything else! :)

Anyways, no Sunday practice for me. No idea why but, Sunday is no guitar day.

I'll be watching NHRA drag racing!!

Enjoy your Apple pie! I won't tell you what I've got in my lip. It'll kill your appetite.

Have a good night, brother. As soon as my phone submits this, I'm going to crash as well.

Again, TY for the info.

Back