Sergio Will Be Hot!

Thing is I'm really freakin' confused.
Is he getting upset? Like really mad?
Is he undergoing some necessary plastic surgery?
Is he outside in 100f temp too much?
Is he trending on some social media I'm sadly unaware of?
WTF?
Me too. No. I don’t think so. Depends what you consider necessary. Probably. Gee, I really don’t think so. IKR?

My Dad remembered them on drives up to Canada. Only a couple he mentioned, didn't capture photos of, but recalled several. I don't think he mentioned them in his memoirs, though. The G-Grandad's farmhouse in Canada, yes, but not much about the drive up that way. I think you'd have liked Dad. Didn't say much, (got that from G-Grandad), but lived a quiet life, mostly in his study backroom, with TV, cassette deck, Radio Shack 301 computer, built-in bookshelves, and highback loveseat and side-table he'd use as his workspace for reading and cutting out news articles and coupons.

Burma Shave was one of the few things Dad used as a shaving cream cake with old-fashioned shaving brush, double-edged safety razor with disposable non-safety blades. Dad never disposed of the blades in a waste basket where hands might receive cuts. The bathroom mirror cabinet had a slot in the back where he could put the old blades through. I'd guess that if renovators opened up the wall behind the mirror, there'd be a pile of rusty blades back there between the wall spaces.

I reminisce now because I'm writing my memoirs as Dad did, and I'd like to remember the details about my life as a young child growing up in my family home. When Dad wrote his, his memory for fine details was uncanny, details about G-Grandad's farm, high school, dating in groups, trips into the city, triumphs and tragedies, both large and small.

Although Dad gave me my ability to write well, I still credit an inquiring mind and fascination for his immediate surroundings as a guide for understanding his life and world as a young boy himself. No psychobabble, no double-talk, just tons of engaging reading that shed light on the farmer's ways, their lives and their ethics. It's one of the few joys I have from Dad.

Monday morning: Me (age 6), walking into the bathroom at 7 AM: "Morning, Dad, watcha doin?"
Dad, lathered up and about to shave: "Mornin'. What the heck does it look like?"

Yup. That was my Dad.

I think of my dad, too. He would always point out and read those series of signs as we passed them on the highway. That was a loooooooooong time ago. Thanks for rekindling those happy memories. :)

WTF?

Nope. It's from school days. What you consider your version of reality is not mine. Mine is trying to be honest though "sandpaper" has its faults when you work with it.

I think of my dad, too. He would always point out and read those series of signs as we passed them on the highway. That was a loooooooooong time ago. Thanks for rekindling those happy memories. :)

Every time we left Simsbury for Massachusetts and points north, Dad made sure to let us see life as it truly existed. How the trees changed from deciduous to coniferous the further north we drove. And the colors of autumn. Will be sure to post some New England foliage once the trees begin to turn color...

Last edited:
Food for Serg:

Remind me the next time I bake a lattice pie and sprinkle sugar over the top, it's meant to enhance the flavor, not give it a "rough, natural appearance." Thankfully, no one's ever died from eating my pie, just that I'd not recommend eating "mass quantities" of it.

Serg sure is hot. Not Xmas tree on fire hot, but similar.

WTF?

Other options:
Is he going to Hell?
Is Hot a spellcheck correction for Haute?
Is he excessively spicy?
Is he radioactive?

Other options:
Is he going to Hell?
Is Hot a spellcheck correction for Haute?
Is he excessively spicy?
Is he radioactive?

I’m not entirely sure I’m not there already.
That... that kinda makes sense, I have been known to get le plus haut every now and again.
I wouldn’t think I’m excessively, heartburn has kinda made me dial it back.
I have been using the microwave more...

I’m not entirely sure I’m not there already.
That... that kinda makes sense, I have been known to get le plus haut every now and again.
I wouldn’t think I’m excessively, heartburn has kinda made me dial it back.
I have been using the microwave more...

Dude! I’m digging the new unibrow look. Might want to lighten the touch with the eyebrow pencil a hair (get it? :p:p).

Maybe it's an everyday hairy carry?

Likely no deal. Shaving is still a man's prerogative. Serg is just just carrying out his work. When Serg grows older (we all do) he'll learn to delegate responsibility because of his workload. Then he can sit back and put his feet up while his helpers do the job.

My feeling is that we all carry a lot of responsibility. For example, my elderly Mom could use some help with her responsibilities. That's where her sons step up and help her out. Life shouldn't be filled with complaints, but it is. That's where a good pair of ears and a willingness to help is vitally important.

And TBH, the unibrow look rocks the house. Just glad the plastic surgery didn't turn him into Drew Carey.

Back