Sergio Will Be Hot!

Nah, it’s worse for me. I don’t know if I’m supposed to be working out or something, or if I never was hot and will be.. I mean, for all the questions you guys have, I’ve got like, more.

I just hope this doesn’t turn into one of those self reflection downward spiral kinda things that happens when I smoke too much weed.
Oh No! He's given you "The Blues" ! :eek:

I miss those road signs; I just wish I weren’t old enough to remember.

My Dad remembered them on drives up to Canada. Only a couple he mentioned, didn't capture photos of, but recalled several. I don't think he mentioned them in his memoirs, though. The G-Grandad's farmhouse in Canada, yes, but not much about the drive up that way. I think you'd have liked Dad. Didn't say much, (got that from G-Grandad), but lived a quiet life, mostly in his study backroom, with TV, cassette deck, Radio Shack 301 computer, built-in bookshelves, and highback loveseat and side-table he'd use as his workspace for reading and cutting out news articles and coupons.

Burma Shave was one of the few things Dad used as a shaving cream cake with old-fashioned shaving brush, double-edged safety razor with disposable non-safety blades. Dad never disposed of the blades in a waste basket where hands might receive cuts. The bathroom mirror cabinet had a slot in the back where he could put the old blades through. I'd guess that if renovators opened up the wall behind the mirror, there'd be a pile of rusty blades back there between the wall spaces.

I reminisce now because I'm writing my memoirs as Dad did, and I'd like to remember the details about my life as a young child growing up in my family home. When Dad wrote his, his memory for fine details was uncanny, details about G-Grandad's farm, high school, dating in groups, trips into the city, triumphs and tragedies, both large and small.

Although Dad gave me my ability to write well, I still credit an inquiring mind and fascination for his immediate surroundings as a guide for understanding his life and world as a young boy himself. No psychobabble, no double-talk, just tons of engaging reading that shed light on the farmer's ways, their lives and their ethics. It's one of the few joys I have from Dad.

Monday morning: Me (age 6), walking into the bathroom at 7 AM: "Morning, Dad, watcha doin?"
Dad, lathered up and about to shave: "Mornin'. What the heck does it look like?"

Yup. That was my Dad.

How long is this going to take?

LOL. There were 2 bathrooms in the house. I happened to be in the master bathroom with Dad after waking up on a summer's day (no school) and Dad was readying for work.

Dad's not-so-subtle sense of humor was evident, now I think back. A 6 y.o. doesn't "get it" at that age.

Though your reply works well. :)

Back