Sergio, drop some wisdom on me

That said, I really want something in "whiskey burst" or at least, whiskey something.
glenrothes+bottles.JPG

And I eventually want something in this, whatever you want to call it (rotting pumpkin? burnt orange?) -- I have a coat in this colour, and it's my favourite "out of character" coat (I usually wear black and other dark colours):
imgrc0072074301.jpg

I know, I know, we're straying from "creamsicle", but...you know...whatever...

Our inside sales guy, Dickie, named that. He cracks me up! :)

The employee guitar program is very special indeed. We get a guitar after 2 years, another after 7 years, another after 15 years, 20 years, 25 and now 30 years. We do have to pay for materials, but we don't have to pay for labor, which is a big expense when considering the quality craftsmanship involved with building a PRS.
Man, if I'd have followed my original plan, I'd be 4 guitars richer by now. I'd have more seniority at PRS than you too!:(:oops::D

It's a shame when that happens.
Yeah. It's a long conversation that I won't ruin this thread with. I try to look at the bright side that my job has afforded me to build one private stock. I never dreamed I'd be able to do that 20 years ago. Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess it was only 15 years ago that I was considering selling pretty much everything I own except my 1st PRS and an amp and moving to MD. Oddly, playing guitar kept me from moving out there to build guitars. I met my drummer(still together) around that time and decided to stick around a few months to see how the band went.....anyway....

It is awesome that PRS does builds for the employees! REALLY awesome, assuming the employee plays guitar(I'm sure many do). For my 20th year, my company put my mugshot in the monthly newsletter! :D

I can't wait to see this guitar come to life. Congrats again, Shawn!

I got a big suitcase for either 15 or 20 years (plus another week's vacation). I never brought the suitcase home. It sat in my office for 3 years. People would come in my office and ask when I was going to take it home. My response was always, "I'm leaving it here for when I get fired. I'll have something to pack all of my crap in." I gave it to someone else when I moved out of that office, and into my basement.

I got a big suitcase for either 15 or 20 years (plus another week's vacation). I never brought the suitcase home. It sat in my office for 3 years. People would come in my office and ask when I was going to take it home. My response was always, "I'm leaving it here for when I get fired. I'll have something to pack all of my crap in." I gave it to someone else when I moved out of that office, and into my basement.
Did you take your red stapler, or had Lumbergh taken it already?

Did someone say brown sound? Moore Music has the perfect guitar in (no kidding) Midnight Deuce finish.

PRS-408_220890_Main-Shot__27656.1490379170.1280.1280.jpg

For my 5 year at my company, I got a lucite plaque and a lapel pin with a sapphire on it. I think the PRS employee guitars are a great way to keep employees engaged with the company, the brand, and the product. If I worked for PRS, I'm sure I'd still be enjoying my 2 year guitar and I'd already be dreaming about what to do for my 7 year guitar.
I will never be able to hear someone say, "drop some wisdom" or a certain product "dropped", or anything similar, ever again.

I will never be able to hear someone say, "drop some wisdom" or a certain product "dropped", or anything similar, ever again.

You'll think of that guitar any time you drop the kids off for a swim.

It's a beautiful top!

I'd go all classic. Faded McCarty Burst, Smoky Blonde, or Dirty Blonde. They'd show off that curl and look the business.

This mostly. That top screams a classic burst. I'll throw Livingston lemondrop into the mix, but any of the classic types will do.

Back