Semi-Hollow Vela: Yea or Nay

Dude! The prs trem stays in tune exceptionally well. Down the road, if you do another trem, check out the PRS. I had a custom built guitar years ago with a Floyd. When I got my first PRS with a trem, I sold it. Stays in tune just as well, and I do suffer from whammy madness.

Too expensive to the point that I don't always feel comfortable playing it out and end up worrying more than enjoying

I felt like that about my 594 for a long while, but the new finally wore off and now I'm sweating all over it in a garage every weekend and looking forward to playing it everywhere I can.

The semi-hollow Vela seems like a really cool guitar, though. Totally different beast, so I'd go for whatever best meets the need.

Since you asked...the Vela Trem https://photos.app.goo.gl/8UFE2GNzyx1vMpkT8

Edit: had to link to a Google album. Won't let me directly upload photos for some reason

Nice! It's like a toned-down Vernon Reid sig.

Wow.... Looks really good! Did you do the work yourself??
Thanks! I did all the electronics, the routing and install for the Floyd was completed by my tech. It was quite a process and I was met with some challenges. I laid out the entire wiring harness to my spec and built it using quality components CTS pots, Oak Grisby switch, 16 ga cloth wire, and Pure Tone full contact output jack. The floyd install was tough since there is little information or experience around installing the NFT Orig. Floyd in a recessed mount. Most guys do surface mount with these a la Brad Gillis or EVH. But recessing it allows for the smoothest vibrato action in addition to crazy pull up range (a full 5th on the G string - 7 frets worth of pull!)

Dude! The prs trem stays in tune exceptionally well. Down the road, if you do another trem, check out the PRS. I had a custom built guitar years ago with a Floyd. When I got my first PRS with a trem, I sold it. Stays in tune just as well, and I do suffer from whammy madness.
I do love the PRS trem! I know it is an awesome bridge, but I went with the Non-Fine Tuning Floyd since I already had it and I've used one on another guitar with great success and loved it. There was some tonal change compared to the hardtail version, but I found it desirable! It tightened up and focused the low end, made the mids more crunchy and smoothed the highs some. All good things for me!

Back