Semi-hollow DGT

We need a dealer to help us out on a custom run of these. I’d love one
Call up John Mann from www.johnmannsguitarvault.com and ask him. He’s close with all the folks down there at PRS for obvious reasons. I’m sure he’d be happy to help. A wonderful human being and well versed in everything PRS.

Last edited:
Call up John Mann from www.johnmannsguitarvault.com and ask him. He’s close with all the folks down there at PRS for obvious reasons. I’m sure he’d be happy to help. A wonderful human being and well versed in everything PRS.
Thanks! Worth a shot. He’s local to me and I’ve been down to his shop before, great guy. Not that I need another guitar right now, but I do

Thanks! Worth a shot. He’s local to me and I’ve been down to his shop before, great guy. Not that I need another guitar right now, but I do
Hi @phoenixbt thats awesome. He is local to me as well.(Kittery ME)……
When I bought my Wood Library DGT from him last year, John was telling me that he has to order the WL’s in batches of 10.
I wonder if it would be the same for that DGT hollowbody?

From PSF

psf-10-jpg.10634

I was really hoping one of the releases this month would be a regular run of semi-hollow DGT. No luck so far, but I love seeing all these PS builds! One day....

(no luck with dealers so far doing a special run, I've reached out to a few)

The last PS I built is a SH DGT. It's insanely good. Highly recommended.
@ViperDoc I'm in process of commissioning my first PS build. I'm pretty set at this point on getting a DGT. If you were in my shoes, would you still go semi-hollow or solid body? Please tell me why too! Thanks so much.

@ViperDoc[/USER] I'm in process of commissioning my first PS build. I'm pretty set at this point on getting a DGT. If you were in my shoes, would you still go semi-hollow or solid body? Please tell me why too! Thanks so much.
My 2 cents, I would go semi-hollow because solid body ones are so common. I find that the semi-hollow are just so much more resonant and the sustain is greater. While I cannot speak to how the DGT would work; this is a noticeable difference between my the solid body Vela and the reclaimed Vela which is semi-hollow. I know that there are many people on here that would bust a hip to have a semi-hollow DGT

My 2 cents, I would go semi-hollow because solid body ones are so common. I find that the semi-hollow are just so much more resonant and the sustain is greater. While I cannot speak to how the DGT would work; this is a noticeable difference between my the solid body Vela and the reclaimed Vela which is semi-hollow. I know that there are many people on here that would bust a hip to have a semi-hollow DGT
I appreciate your insight! I'm fairly new to guitar overall and haven't played any form of hollow body yet. I pretty much only read good things though.

@ViperDoc I'm in process of commissioning my first PS build. I'm pretty set at this point on getting a DGT. If you were in my shoes, would you still go semi-hollow or solid body? Please tell me why too! Thanks so much.
Semi-hollow construction will open up the resonance and bloom of the notes, but will also trim off a bit of high-end harmonics. Say, pinch harmonics are much better suited for solid body guitars for this reason. The wood species will also be asked to work harder in a hollow body, so what back and top you select, for example, will affect the tone. Stick with maple for the top if you choose hollow body, avoid rosewoods, etc. or it will sound too dark IMO. I built my DGT with a Wide Fat neck and 1 11/16 nut as well, I don't like the narrow stock DGT carve. Good luck with your build!

Back