Semi-hollow DGT

I believe this guitar is the first PRS with Iceberg Dragon's Breath. I went for an ebony board and maple neck--a bit of a departure from stock configuration, but the tone is mighty.
20160715_112407_resized.jpg

Iceberg%2BDragon%2527s%2BBreath%2BFull%2BFrontal.jpg

20160715_112459_resized.jpg

I believe this guitar is the first PRS with Iceberg Dragon's Breath. I went for an ebony board and maple neck--a bit of a departure from stock configuration, but the tone is mighty.
20160715_112407_resized.jpg

Iceberg%2BDragon%2527s%2BBreath%2BFull%2BFrontal.jpg

20160715_112459_resized.jpg

It doesn’t matter how many times Isee this guitar, the reaction is still the same (sharp intake of breath) and a “mummy daddy!”

That's one of the most beautiful tops I've ever seen. Geez, talk about an 11 top! That one may even be a 12. :)
I went to the Vault to choose the woods for that guitar. I had several nice tops on the table, but after nailing down the details with Paul Miles, he pulled that top out as a discard from a recent dealer order. I was floored at how beautiful it was. Of course, it always looks different after the top wood gets carved, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look that much better shaped. I got really lucky. I also went to Experience 2016 and caught the great Dave on hand. He was able to show me the guitar in the white and we discussed more details of the finish. It's just insane how it all turned out.

BEFORE:
IMG_0015.JPG

AFTER:
IMG_0479.jpg

Back