Selling SE parts?

sergiodeblanc

Pickups... I guess I can maybe see if they’re somewhat reasonably priced, but tuners, saddles, and trem blocks? For why?

I mean, of course I “get” that you may wanna perhaps offset the costs of your upgrade path but.... Who the F is gonna want to buy your used zinc trem block bridge for $50? Or your (essentially) $15 Ping new (or whoever) used PRS branded unlocking SE tuners for $50? Maybe I could see you accidentally stripping the threads in one of your SE/S2/CE saddles and needing a single replacement.... but c’mon... who’s the sucker that wants your full set of tumbled saddles for $40 when you can get the real sh!t from John Mann for $75-80?

lbtZdTS.jpg

Why? Why? Whhhhhhyyyyyyy?!?!!!

Just be a good American and throw that sh!t in the trash, or put it in the bottom of a tube sock to use for home defense, or wrap it them in a box and send them to Africa where they’re short of guitar hardware, and throw a couple packs of strings in there for them too.

Why are you putting them on Reverb? Yeah, I know, I can skip your listing (just like everyone else does) but was there one person that once bought this stuff that makes you feel like it’s somehow a valuable commodity?

Someone please explain (not really).

sometimes i wish carlos ‘would of’ started a new company so i didn’t have to scroll past all those identically named import guitars.

sometimes i wish carlos ‘would of’ started a new company so i didn’t have to scroll past all those identically named import guitars.

Sometimes I do too. Or at least wish they were named differently.

TBH, like many SE owners, we did the obligatory tuner upgrades when SE locking tuners became available. That left us with a boatload of unlocking SE tuners everybody else already has. Folks are selling them, but in reality, there is no market for used non-locking SE tuners, unless you've damaged one and are too cheap to spring for locking ones.

Regards trems or studs, pots or electronics, again, why? All stock SE guitars come with stock SE parts. Unless you've bought used and someone else has downgraded your stock parts to something else, or you've got a damaged part, there is essentially no market for used SE parts.

This is where is makes good sense to realize that what you could make in profit is negligible, and donating your used SE parts is a more reasonable and generous move.

@sergiodeblanc, you've made a good point. There are many disadvantaged people who might wish to own a PRS someday but can only afford to buy a cheaper guitar and upgrade to PRS, using some of PRS parts for the improvements. FB Marketplace or FreeCycle will receive my no-cost offer of non-locking tuners soon.

I did a Reverb search for PRS Se Trem and filtered for parts, used and sold. Apparently there is a market for these. No telling how many have gone unsold and the seller gave up.

With all of the sh!t going on in the world today, I'll happily join in on this rant! Classic distraction! I just took some speed knobs and non-locking tuners off my Archtop. They're 20 years old. Think I'll put them up.

I sold a complete se trem w/ arm on there for like $45 but that's about the only thing that has some value. I just put the tuners I took off on another cheap guitar I have that had some really crappy ones.

2 years ago, I had a musical theatre gig playing “The Addams Family.” There was a banjo part. I hate playing banjo. The solution? Cheap crap second hand banjitar with tuners so bad you wouldn’t believe it! I knew there was a reason I saved those SE tuners..........

2 years ago, I had a musical theatre gig playing “The Addams Family.” There was a banjo part. I hate playing banjo. The solution? Cheap crap second hand banjitar with tuners so bad you wouldn’t believe it! I knew there was a reason I saved those SE tuners..........

you rule man!

Back