Seems like it will be a no-PRS Christmas

At least from Dec 23-27

Only grandchild, 23 months old, is coming for Christmas. He loves getting into things everywhere so all of the PRS and other good guitars will be away in their cases and the Fender Baja Tele and Roadworn Tele will be out with two amps backed up to the wall so he can't get to the hot tubes. Any small stuff like picks and tuners that easily fit in mouths will be up high.

For those of you with previous experience .... what else am I forgetting?

You’re forgetting that a hot tube grabbed is a valuable lesson learned.

At least from Dec 23-27

Only grandchild, 23 months old, is coming for Christmas. He loves getting into things everywhere so all of the PRS and other good guitars will be away in their cases and the Fender Baja Tele and Roadworn Tele will be out with two amps backed up to the wall so he can't get to the hot tubes. Any small stuff like picks and tuners that easily fit in mouths will be up high.

For those of you with previous experience .... what else am I forgetting?
A lock on your door

If you’ve got setting you like on your amp, take a photo of the control panel before the wee man comes to visit.

You know what wee ones are like with knobs and buttons.

Also a word on warning. A friend owned a really good hi-fi many years ago. His young daughter got to the volume control (turned to max). My friend turned on the hi-fi and damaged a very nice set of speakers.

Even without kids, having a pic of your preferred settings on amps and pedals is always a good idea IMO. I do it before gigs as well, because things get bumped in transit and I can be forgetful :D.

It's been a long time since we had to toddler proof the house. But I didn't have guitars and amps then either. Did have to put away the other kind of "katanas" though, along with my arrows and bolts, compound and crossbow, cutting tools etc. Heavy rubber bands on cupboard doors, all the outlets taped over. All that wonderful stuff. Never did have to deal with a PB&J sandwich in the VCR...for some reason the little ones never touched the stereo or TV.
Surprisingly, the toddlers were usually not the problem...
Diligence and constant supervision/observation was always necessary. Seems the parental switch got turned off as soon as the two of them (either two) arrived...never did quite understand or approve of that. But hey, I'm just the crusty/crotchety old uncle.

Back