SEEG and Ye Shall Find

Hey Sergio,, so this is what a Sergecaster looks like :cool: Dig the trem and the wings. I wonder what you don't like 'bout the EGII. I can relate to the tonal differences between the hog SE and the alder, maple/rosewood combo of the EGII, The bodyshape, knob placement, trem and wings are the same. I have no issues with the neckpocket and if you would make a custom sss pickguard for the EGII you'd have the perfect PRSStrat imho. Just curious :rolleyes:

Hey Sergio,, so this is what a Sergecaster looks like :cool: Dig the trem and the wings. I wonder what you don't like 'bout the EGII. I can relate to the tonal differences between the hog SE and the alder, maple/rosewood combo of the EGII, The bodyshape, knob placement, trem and wings are the same. I have no issues with the neckpocket and if you would make a custom sss pickguard for the EGII you'd have the perfect PRSStrat imho. Just curious :rolleyes:

Uhh.. just the dominos or buckers thing, really. Plus, they’re kinda hard to find now, and prices are stupid.

I worked real hard to set the pickup height on those, no idea if you or rider tweaked them, but I found that I liked them the best really low. The dude I got it from had them right against the strings! (Which is pretty evident if you look at em close enough).

Glad you wound up with it though, if Rider didn’t have a Santana at his house the day I brought it over.... I probably would have carved it up and painted it. :oops:
I haven't tweaked the pup heights at all. Neck pup is a little lower than the FB surface, maybe 1/16th inch (so maybe two fret heights lower than the top of the last fret), the other two seem about the same gap to the strings.

Sergio,
I love the original MannMade trems PRS used in the beginning...the ones before the sustain block was bolted onto the bridge. I don’t like the newer ones as much. However, if you’re having trouble with the trem on your SE EG, I would recommend trying a Wudtone trem. I don’t know if their PRS trem will fit an SE, but I’m REALLY impressed with the tuning stability. They don’t look like a MannMade, but once the strings are properly stretched, they hold tune almost as well as a Floyd. You can also order them without saddles, and use MannMade saddles if you want.

https://www.wudtone.com/product/wudtone-prs-dd-tremolo-upgrade/

Sergio,
I love the original MannMade trems PRS used in the beginning...the ones before the sustain block was bolted onto the bridge. I don’t like the newer ones as much. However, if you’re having trouble with the trem on your SE EG, I would recommend trying a Wudtone trem. I don’t know if their PRS trem will fit an SE, but I’m REALLY impressed with the tuning stability. They don’t look like a MannMade, but once the strings are properly stretched, they hold tune almost as well as a Floyd. You can also order them without saddles, and use MannMade saddles if you want.

https://www.wudtone.com/product/wudtone-prs-dd-tremolo-upgrade/

Thanks, Brad! But yeah, I already put a MannMade in there.

I have 100% finally stopped making excuses for the SE/S2/New CE trem. They don’t work as well as a Core trem or a MannMade trem. I could list the sh!t I think is wrong with them but... whatever, I don’t wanna be a b!tch about it. You love yours? It works great for you? Good. Glad to hear it. I threw mine in the trash, and I have one last Excel trem to put on my SE “O” and then I will be done with them for life.

I went back and forth on putting a trem that cost as much as the f@cking guitar did (used) and tried really hard to be like Nicky Moroch and play this thing STOCK!?! But... I am not Nicky, and besides, his is a hard tail and I you know, actually want to use the trem so I slapped this unfinished brass MannMade trem in there.

VTqAieS.jpg

khT6a4D.jpg
Hey - Nicky M here - Actually, all of my SE EGs have trems - I don't own a hardtail - They also have locking tuners installed at the factory when I got them - 'Still some of my favorite geetars ever and even though prices have gone up and they're becoming harder to find, still an unbelievable value.

Hey - Nicky M here - Actually, all of my SE EGs have trems - I don't own a hardtail - They also have locking tuners installed at the factory when I got them - 'Still some of my favorite geetars ever and even though prices have gone up and they're becoming harder to find, still an unbelievable value.

Welcome back, Nicky! I’m still not looking at your amp!!!

Back