Searching for long lost 1991 Custom 24 . . .

MarcelR

Greetings!
I realize this is a total long shot, but...I lived in Los Angeles during the late 1980s/early 1990s.
While living there, I found and purchased a used Whale Blue 1991 PRS Cu 24 - kind of a dream guitar,
at that time. When I moved back to the midwest in the fall of 1993, I sold that PRS prior to moving
and have always regretted it. So . . . all these years down the road, for total sentimental reasons,
I am searching for this certain PRS. If anyone on this forum by chance knows of the whereabouts
of this guitar, I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me here as I would be interested in
buying the guitar back.
Here are the details:
1991 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24, Whale Blue finish, serial number 1 11281
- stamped 'B' on the
back of the headstock. This guitar has a wide/thin neck, moon inlays, has white label HFS pickup in the bridge and a white label Vintage Bass pickup in the neck position. This PRS came in its original black PRS hard case. I may have left Schaller strap locks on the guitar, and there may be a Biohazard guitar pick in the case. I do have a couple photos of this 1991 Custom 24.
Thank you all for your time,
MarcelR

Hi - thank you!
Note - my profile picture is the
1991 Custom 24 Whale Blue I'm trying to find...
Thanks!

Welcome. :)

I don't envy you the search. The odds aren't good. Still I wish you luck.

Marcel, I gotta be honest...if that guitar sounds as good as it looks, I don’t think I would tell you if I had it!:p:D
Seriously, good luck with getting it back home.

Thank you, Distort6 - I hear ya!
Truth is - I was using two older PRS Customs back in the early 90s, playing with two bands around the LA area for a very short while -
a 1986 vintage yellow and this whale blue 1991 - and due to the pickups, they couldn't have sounded different. But 'good different.'
What I really recall is how well the blue one recorded. These were just amateur recordings - Tascam 4 track - but that blue guitar was a
recording monster! BTW - those Harmonic Generator amps are totally under-rated; you can dial in a killer Marshall sound on the
red channel!

Back