SE Zach Myers- bridges and tonal difference

mojo1fan

I have a PRS Zach Myers. I'm wondering if there would be a tonal difference between the bridge that comes with it (intonateable steel saddles) and the "Z" style stoptail bridge that came on the older SE Singlecuts?

The guitar has an upper midrange thing going on that I'm not sure I like, no matter what pickups I have put in it. It sort of reminds me of a cocked wah type sound.

I love the way the guitar feels and plays, but I'd love to see if the other PRS bridge would make a difference. I'm tired of trying new pickups.

For the record, I finally got to swap the Zach bridge with a regular SE bridge. Big difference. The midrange thing is gone, and I get a much more twangy Strat-type sound when in single coil mode. Just what I was looking for.

Now, to see what the Zach bridge sounds like on an SE EG guitar. ;)

For the record, I finally got to swap the Zach bridge with a regular SE bridge. Big difference. The midrange thing is gone, and I get a much more twangy Strat-type sound when in single coil mode. Just what I was looking for.

Now, to see what the Zach bridge sounds like on an SE EG guitar. ;)
Does the Zach Myers have a single coil mode stock or did you mod it?

I currently have EMG 89s in the Zach. The stock pickups are two wire and therefore will not split.

Back