SE tuner button replacements

rubenreza

Hi all!

Newbie here, and my first post! I recently picked up a black Soapbar II. I love the fat chunky neck on it. Only the neck pup was original. The guy had a DiMarzio Super Distortion P90 in the bridge pos. He had a vintage wound set from Anonymous Guitar in FL, so I swapped out the DiMarzio for the bridge vintage wound. I replaced the covers with cream ones and want the tuner buttons to match, kinda like a black McCarty P90 I saw online somewhere.

I saw some overseas vendors on eBay selling some nice looking ivory ones, but I don't know if they'll fit or not. Are the SE tuners equivalent to Gotohs? There's a vendor that says his buttons fit Gotohs and not Grovers.

Any help is extremely appreciated! Thanks!

I just put grover 406c 's on my se. Great tuners and come in black and silver. Depending on what tuners they are, a lot of guys are replacing the keys on the se zm model. That's more of a kluson style tuner

The Grovers are great! I have a set on both my SE's and have zero complaints. The ones on my Santana have ebony buttons, but they were there when I bought it, so I'm not sure where you'd be able to get them.

Are there any Admins or hardcore PRS fanatics here in the forum that may be able to help answer my question? Thought for sure I would find my answer here amongst the PRS die-hards. Maybe I should just call PRS and see what they say.

Post pics of the headstock and then maybe we can help abit better. I thought your above comment was a tad rude....

Post pics of the headstock and then maybe we can help abit better. I thought your above comment was a tad rude....
Sleary - sorry if my post read as rude, wasn't meant that at all - apologies. I rarely join forums and/or post comments on pages, YouTube, etc because of how things are interpreted by the reader. I just wanted some help is all. The guitar is your standard issue PRS SE Soapbar II headstock all stock/factory. Looks like ChrisCs22 was able to point me in the right direction. Thanks, everyone.

Back