SE Tremonti ID

Brian Edmisten

Hello, just need something clarified. I recently bought an SE Tremonti ,i would like to know the year on my guitar.when i registered it i just kept it as 2018 because that is what was filled in when i put in my serial number.I have searched the forums and found some conflicting answers.My serial starts with an R is it a 2017 or 2018? The PRS site isn't updated so i was just following the lettering scheme and i thought it was a 2018 ,i hope that doesn't affect my product registration. And it would just be nice to know for sure.Thanks in advance for any help and guidance you can give me.This is also my first PRS guitar , I've owned it for a day and already think it's the best i've played.Been wanting a PRS for many years,glad i finally got one.

I think a R is a 2017, since my se starts with a K which is a 2010 model...

Yeah, K=2010, M=2012, so R=2017. But I suspect you won't have any issues, it is possible something with an R SN was sold as a 2018 model.

Thanks alot for all the help, i look forward to spending alot of time on the forum to learn more about PRS guitars.I have wanted one for many years and i was finally able to get one.

Thanks alot for all the help, i look forward to spending alot of time on the forum to learn more about PRS guitars.I have wanted one for many years and i was finally able to get one.

I have a '17 SE model built and sold in (late) 2016 with a '16 serial.

Back