SE Tonare body size

zone

Hi all,

Does anybody who owns a Tonare know of the body size/shape compared to a jumbo?
Is it bigger than a dread and smaller than a jumbo?
If anybody is able to provide a photo comparison that would be great as I feel like I need to see it visually to comprehend properly.

I’m very interested in a Tonare however I want something bigger in the body than my standard Ibanez dread.

Unfortunately these guitars aren’t stocked local to me and I would need a flight and accomodation just to pick one up, so I’d have to order online and hope for the best...
Good old Australia.

My Tonare is the same size as my Angelus.

:p

Um, ok, a better comparison might be the Tonare (and Angelus) are about the same size as my Taylor 214 ce, which purports to be called a "Grand Auditorium" size/shape, with the following dimensions: Body Length: 20" / Body Width: 16" / Body Depth: 4 5/8".

Taylor says the size has "proportions that [fall] between a Dreadnought and Grand Concert." I have seen the PRS SE acoustics described the same way.

Dunno if that helps...

I haven't seen the specs, but it appears to be a grand auditorium shape, which is about as wide and deep as a dreadnought, but with a narrower waist. Smaller than a jumbo and feels smaller than a dread due to the narrow waist.

Oh, and the dimensions I posted above look to be very close to the size of your Ibanez dreadnought, if the dimensions I found online for a PF15ECE are the same as your guitar:
  • a : Length 20 "
  • b : Width 15 3/4"
  • c : Max Depth 5 "
To go bigger, you'll have to go to a different manufacturer (or go PS with PRS).

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the info everyone.
Much more help than the stores that actually sell these

I’ll have to look into jumbos more then.
There’s really only a few brands out here that compete with the PRS SE price point.

Back