SE Strap Button problem

DuncanCE22

So I got a SE ZM for christmas and I absolutely love it. I just have one problem, the top strap button won't stay tight, the screw seems to keep coming undone and I tighten it up as much as it'll go but it still works its way lose, this doesn't happen on my other SE and I was wondering if anyone knows a quick way of fixing it?

Take a couple toothpicks, drop them in the empty screw hole to measure the length, then pull them out and break them so they'll sit just short of the surface when you put them back. Then screw your button back on. The extra wood should tighten up the grip on the screw.

Take a couple toothpicks, drop them in the empty screw hole to measure the length, then pull them out and break them so they'll sit just short of the surface when you put them back. Then screw your button back on. The extra wood should tighten up the grip on the screw.

A few drops of wood glue and this is the perfect fix.

+1

I'll need to get some toothpicks tomorrow.

I've been tempted to get some strap locks for both SE's actually. The US PRS have a pretty decent sized strap button and my straps never fallen off them.

The problem becomes the strap itself. Wear and tear.

After strap failure almost knocked the head stock off of my 1976 Gibson Explorer 34 years ago, I installed strap liocks on EVERY guitar I've owned!

Toothpicks and a little wood glue has worked for me in the past.

Back