SE Standard Line Discontinued?

I did hear there is only 500 to be made of the SE24 that is in each colour hope that helps
Allan
in stoke on Trent

Man I hope it's true!

They should focus on refining the Korean SE line and do more limited runs like they had with the exotic wood tops. The SE Standard line didn't bring anything to the table apart from price point and kinda watered down the brand (imho). I mean, I'd rather have more choice from the Korean factory than have essentially the same stuff at a cheaper price point.

I have two SE models: Korean Custom 22 and a Indonesian Standard. Both are great guitars but the Standard comes out on top overall. Such a resonant guitar and the build/finish is flawless. Cannot ever remember seeing a poor review of any of the Standard range but if for some reason people are not buying them in sufficient number then I guess it makes sense to pull this line. I will be sorry to see it go.

Shame. Guess there goes my (completely unfounded) hopes of bringing the stoptail back to the Korean Custom 22 :(

Things have a habit of going around in cycles so you never know. I bought an older flat top Korean Custom 22 with stoptail used for peanuts so if you are okay with buying not new there some real bargains out there :)

Things have a habit of going around in cycles so you never know.

I sure hope so. I'm such a huge fan of the PRS stoptail and was really disappointed that the 2017 SE Custom 22 switched to a trem (and panic bought the 2016 model with a stoptail even though it's not quite what I wanted).

I'm in the UK and have been looking for a McCarty (including used) with the phase iii tuners in a colour I like, but currently the market is all about the 594. I will just have to bide my time it seems.

Last edited:
Back