Se silver sky.

this is my 2 cents. I just don’t get along with Fender Strats at all for a number of reasons. The tones I go after are all Humbucker oriented in the modern blues or bluesrock vein. But if I ever do decide to try the Strat type route again it would be for a Silver Sky SE… it’s a great guitar. Hopefully they will someday offer it with an all maple neck. Gotta have that snap……
I would have to agree, I've had several Strats, and I've sold them. They do what they do VERY well, but for what I need most often tone wise, it's not a Strat, its a bridge humbucker and some warmth. I love the feel of a Strat that, one of my favorite guitars to play hands down. I think the SE Silver Sky would be something to try to see if the PRS and Fender worlds could collide to make something awesome, and from the sounds of it, they have

Messing around with my SE today. Such a damn good guitar. Honestly it’s right up a strat modders alley too with the routing, unlike the USA brethren which are virtually impossible to pickup swap without permanent modding. I currently have Fralins vintage hots installed. The only things that I doubt could be swapped out are the bridge and output jack since both are proprietary in size, but both work great although I don’t use a trem much on this guitar. Pickguard can be had easily. The electronics are easy to swap. The 8.5” radius is easier for myself to play over the 7.25. I’m glad I kept the SE over the USA counterparts that I previously owned. I think PRS would be wise to broaden the color options for the SE as the original are kind of limited. Maybe if they decide to introduce maple frets…or fingers crossed dealers run for cool finishes :eek:
My SE SS had some mods done to it that I'll post someday. In the vein of the quoted statement some of the mods are with aftermarket items made for a strat and fit in the SE SS with zero modification :)

They definitely have some strat specs!

Back