SE Silver Sky Knob Height

postitone

I received SE SS yesterday. One of the knobs was touching the pick guard so I lifted it a bit, but It's still very different in height from the other two knobs. This is not the end of the world, but it's always in sight when I play the guitar and it is certainly annoying a lot. Do I have to remove the guard and turn the inside nut? I could not pull this knob further because the knob wobbles and falls out .

I also wonder if this is an average quality control standard for SE guitars. The guitar is great other than this small issue.

Last edited:
No, it's not the norm. I have two SE Silver Sky guitars and the knobs are uniform ht. on both.

Some pots have a second adjustment nut under the pickguard.

Some pots also have a little tab that sticks up and needs to be broken or clipped off or else the pot will sit low in the pickguard.

If it really bothers you you'll need to remove your pickguard and take a look at that pot.

Or stick something inside the knob, like a piece of credit card or something, so the knob doesn't go so far down the shaft of the pot.

No, it's not the norm. I have two SE Silver Sky guitars and the knobs are uniform ht. on both.

Some pots also have a little tab that sticks up and needs to be broken or clipped off or else the pot will sit low in the pickguard.

If it really bothers you you'll need to remove your pickguard and take a look at that pot.

Or stick something inside the knob, like a piece of credit card or something, so the knob doesn't go so far down the shaft of the pot.

I’ve used a tiny piece of paper before (corner of £100 note:eek:)

But if you want to cut up a credit card, who am I to comment ;)

Thanks a lot!

Pull all the knobs off and check the post heights. If they are all the same the knob could be the issue.

To confirm, my SE SS knobs are uniform height. Good luck, the SE SS is an awesome model!

Unfortunately, I think you'll have to adjust the nut under the pickgaurd. Be thankful it isn't the lowest-right pot in a hollow body!

Back