SE Signature Models - Model Year differences?

veovius

Hello everyone!

This is my first post, and I'm glad to be here! I'm on the hunt for my first non-budget guitar and PRS caught my eye. I shopped around online and it looks like I can swing one of the SE Signature models, like a Zach Myers or a Chris Robertson. I will be heading into a store soon, but one store noted the model years beside the artist's name, ie. 2015, 2016.

Are there any differences in the signature models between model years? I'm looking at 2015 and up, specifically. I know that the SE Standard and Custom models changed a bit, and I'd like to know if the artist guitars changed along with them.

Many thanks, and I hope to post a NGD soon!

The CR is new, you'll only find 2017 (and maybe 18?)

The ZM I believe the only diff is the new headstock logo. They didn't change the pickups on those.

Basically, no, or little difference. Like mentioned, the new headstock logo came out last year but PRS tends to stick by their designs. The CR is an SE245 with an awesome pickup compliment. The ZM is a killer rockin’ machine in a semi hollow format that must be experienced.

There's no wrong answer or wrong guitar. Just go find the one that has the sound you like. They all have something remarkable about them. That's why so many musicians have more than one. You'll never regret the first one, nor the many after.

Back