SE Satin neck question

FingerRuns

Hello, been a member of the forum for a while but this is my first posting of a question.

I’m contemplating the purchase of an SE Custom 24 with a maple neck finished in satin which gives it an unfinished look. A Zach Myers SE satin neck would be the closest comparison I can give for reference.

I’ve had a couple of guitars with satin necks including an S2 Standard Singlecut Satin in black. On both of these guitars, the satin became more glossy over time and for me, took the enjoyment out playing as the neck was more sticky feeling than smooth.

That being said, I would like any input as far as the satin finish on the above mentioned guitar and whether this same glossy feel will appear or will it feel more like raw wood. I had a Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal that had the same unfinished wood look that never got glossy.

Thanks.

Satin lacquer will gloss up with frequent use.

I believe several forumites have successfully used sanding pads to take the finish back to satin. From memory, it only takes a light rub.

I’m not sure if the satin maple on the SE is the same as on the Core line. If it is, it won’t gloss up. I don’t remember exactly what they call it, something like satin in maple. It almost feels like raw wood. Glorious, IMO

Satin lacquer will gloss up with frequent use.

I believe several forumites have successfully used sanding pads to take the finish back to satin. From memory, it only takes a light rub.
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

I’m not sure if the satin maple on the SE is the same as on the Core line. If it is, it won’t gloss up. I don’t remember exactly what they call it, something like satin in maple. It almost feels like raw wood. Glorious, IMO
Thanks for the reply.

Back