Se Santana on the Way

Cool! Which one? I should photoshop together the various generations. There have been 5 or 6 now, yeah?

Congrats! Love my '17 SE Santana.

Dt0avbV.jpg

And, yes, i did just post this in another thread... But, I really do love it! LOL

Shipping delayed until 12-04. Disappointed.

For those that own this guitar can you describe how the neck feels. I am familiar with the Fender soft v and deep c but not anything LP. SW has 2 in stock but I don’t want to pay shipping to and back if I need to return because of the neck.
I have smallish hands and slightly arthritic so a good fit is important.
Thanks

It is very close to the 50's necks on two of my LPs. Not gigantic, but thick and full. It is a C shape. It is also a little wider than Fender necks. It is easily fuller than most of the Strat necks I've ever played... But, it's far from gigantic or huge. It's a nice handfull.

There isn't a lot of taper, depth-wise. But it's not straight, either.

It is a nice rounded C, near the nut. Not enough shoulders to call it a D. But, the profile is slightly flatter up around the 12th fret to the body joint.

It also has nicely rolled fretboard edges.

Full disclosure, I have big hands, long fingers and prefer big, thick, wide necks. I love my SE Santana, it is far from my largest neck, but, it is on the wider side of the median.

It is very close to the 50's necks on two of my LPs. Not gigantic, but thick and full. It is a C shape. It is also a little wider than Fender necks. It is easily fuller than most of the Strat necks I've ever played... But, it's far from gigantic or huge. It's a nice handfull.

There isn't a lot of taper, depth-wise. But it's not straight, either.

It is a nice rounded C, near the nut. Not enough shoulders to call it a D. But, the profile is slightly flatter up around the 12th fret to the body joint.

It also has nicely rolled fretboard edges.

Full disclosure, I have big hands, long fingers and prefer big, thick, wide necks. I love my SE Santana, it is far from my largest neck, but, it is on the wider side of the median.

Thanks!

Back