SE pickup ring screws, where to buy?

pleckstrum

Buying and selling quite a bit, I always like to change out any screws that look worn or corroded but have a devil of a time finding the right sized screws...Epiphones , same way. They seem to use smaller screws for the neck and bridge humbucker pickup mounting rings, for example, on imports. Does anyone know a good source to stock up on these? Thanks.

Take some samples to your local hardware store and match them up. This is what I usually do. And welcome :)

Buying and selling quite a bit, I always like to change out any screws that look worn or corroded but have a devil of a time finding the right sized screws...Epiphones , same way. They seem to use smaller screws for the neck and bridge humbucker pickup mounting rings, for example, on imports. Does anyone know a good source to stock up on these? Thanks.

Stewmac if your local hardware store doesn't have what you're looking for.

They are very likely metric. The USA's have imperial measurements and the imports metric.

They are very likely metric. The USA's have imperial measurements and the imports metric.

Exactly. And stew Mac doesn't have metric stuff, I don't think...hardware stores, at least around here do not carry the very uniquely flared and rounded screw head that guitars use, and worse , the closest thing they do have isn't even chrome, it's stainless steel which doesn't look as good. I'm sure there is a source out there that has those two diiferent sized screws for the different pickup ring thicknesses of PRS, Epi Les Paul's and other import archtops...I'll keep scouring eBay...

Exactly. And stew Mac doesn't have metric stuff, I don't think...hardware stores, at least around here do not carry the very uniquely flared and rounded screw head that guitars use, and worse , the closest thing they do have isn't even chrome, it's stainless steel which doesn't look as good. I'm sure there is a source out there that has those two diiferent sized screws for the different pickup ring thicknesses of PRS, Epi Les Paul's and other import archtops...I'll keep scouring eBay...

I was reluctant to suggest eBay before because when buying something requiring exact measurements what arrives can be a mile out. Aliexpress might be worth a look.

Some alnico 5s arrived from there yesterday. Came with all springs and more screws than needed. So they do have them. Nothing wrong with the quality either.

Back