SE Paul's Guitar - Cream Plastics?

Icarus

Picked up an SE Paul's Guitar last week in Trampas green and I'm a huge fan. Bigger than I hoped, actually - I like it more than the Tele I spent dozens of hours building.
My only complaint is the tuners - they're stiff as all hell. They hold fine but tuning is an exercise.
I'd prefer locking tuners even if they were nice, though. Im not digging the black plastics and wanted to change.
My question is whether the pickup rings are the same size as the core model - my guess is no but I can't find confirmation. I've seen someone else use regular square plastic rings but wanted to see if anyone knew something I didn't.

Yeah, the rings house regular sized pickups so Core rings should fit fine. It’s too bad they don’t make ‘em in creme yet, or have them available as an accessory, I think they’re kinda cool.

I have a PRS SE Paul's guitar in amber. I purchased Core Paul's rings in ivory to make the switch from the stock black. . They are not the same size. I emailed PRS and my response was:

Hi Joe,
Sorry we do not have Ivory pickup rings for the SE Pauls guitar at this time.
Thanks,
Sean

The rings are not the same and are not interchangable.

Last edited:
Cottage industry idea: 3D print pickup rings for SE Pauls Guitar in any color.

Was the Trampas the one at Dave's? I was shocked to see it in a color other than the 3 they typically offer.

I have a PRS SE Paul's guitar in amber. I purchased Core Paul's rings in ivory to make the switch from the stock black. . They are not the same size. I emailed PRS and my response was:

Hi Joe,
Thanks,
Sean

Hi Joe,
Thanks,
Sean

There are a couple of sets for sale on reverb.com

Back