SE Paul's Guitar - Cream Plastics?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Icarus, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Icarus

Icarus New Member

Picked up an SE Paul's Guitar last week in Trampas green and I'm a huge fan. Bigger than I hoped, actually - I like it more than the Tele I spent dozens of hours building.
    My only complaint is the tuners - they're stiff as all hell. They hold fine but tuning is an exercise.
    I'd prefer locking tuners even if they were nice, though. Im not digging the black plastics and wanted to change.
    My question is whether the pickup rings are the same size as the core model - my guess is no but I can't find confirmation. I've seen someone else use regular square plastic rings but wanted to see if anyone knew something I didn't.

2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

They should be the same as the core rings. If you just want a darker version, drop the white ones in a cup of cold coffee for a couple of hours.

dogrocketp and Alnus Rubra like this.
  3. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc I like to party, mmm hmm, everybody does.

Yeah, the rings house regular sized pickups so Core rings should fit fine. It’s too bad they don’t make ‘em in creme yet, or have them available as an accessory, I think they’re kinda cool.

Icarus likes this.
  4. Clejmac

Clejmac New Member

I have a PRS SE Paul's guitar in amber. I purchased Core Paul's rings in ivory to make the switch from the stock black. . They are not the same size. I emailed PRS and my response was:

Hi Joe,
    Sorry we do not have Ivory pickup rings for the SE Pauls guitar at this time.
    Thanks,
    Sean

The rings are not the same and are not interchangable.

#4 Clejmac, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  5. John Beef

John Beef Opaque

Cottage industry idea: 3D print pickup rings for SE Pauls Guitar in any color.

Was the Trampas the one at Dave's? I was shocked to see it in a color other than the 3 they typically offer.

bodia likes this.
  6. garrett

garrett knows just enough to be dangerous

Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.