SE Owners

The good think I have found about this site which is unlike other hobbyist sites is that there are no nose downers here and all are very collaborative and informative. Se guitars are a great value and very well built. I have an SE Santana and constantly pick it up to play vs. my four core guitars. Is it a DC 245, no, but it is very well built, plays great, stays on tune most of the time and sounds great. On the down side, the top is rather bland and the tuners are ok as long as you are not too hard on the vibrato. For what I paid, i would bring it to gig with it, spill beer on it, a little pee, some smoke and throw it back its he gig bag all day long.

Just got a Zach Myers SE a few weeks ago and love it. The fit and finish are remarkable - it truly is a guitar that need not take shame in wearing the SE badge. I will say I do plan to swap in some different pickups and am planning a custom truss rod cover (purely for aesthetics) - that being said it's a fantastic guitar.

Last edited:
Go on then I'll Play

My current collection

2004 SE Soapbar
2010 SE Nick Catanese (Custom werewolf artwork)
2010 SE Tremonti (Natural)
2011 SE Bernie Marsden
2013 SE Santana
2014 SE Tremonti Custom (Thomann 60th Anniversary Limited Run)
2015 SE Marty Friedman

Those Nick Cantanese ET guitars are all begging for makeovers.

Wait, did I miss something? What's with the birds on the Bernie?

Yeah I get a lot of questions about the birds on the Bernie. They are actually a set of fretboard decals that I got off evilbay. They overlay the originals perfectly. I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking its not an SE, I just love the shadow birds and decided to try these on my collection (The Bernie was the only one they suited). I also have a 2015 PRS Core McCarty but 9 times out of 10 The Bernie is my main guitar (which says something when you find out I have 110 guitars:rolleyes:)

Check out my full coleection here =

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76319442@N04/albums/72157632741036277

Go on then I'll Play

My current collection

2004 SE Soapbar
2010 SE Nick Catanese (Custom werewolf artwork)
2010 SE Tremonti (Natural)
2011 SE Bernie Marsden
2013 SE Santana
2014 SE Tremonti Custom (Thomann 60th Anniversary Limited Run)
2015 SE Marty Friedman

The werewolf guitar is killer!

I am impatiently awaiting a delivery that will get me back into club SE. It's a cool club to be in. Ridiculously good guitars and patience on the used market rewards with crazy good deals.

General question about bridges - what's the best way to raise/lower your fixed bridge without scratching it? I usually use a flathead screwdriver, and have tried putting a nitrile glove over the tip to prevent scratching the finish on the bridge, but I usually still end up dinging it at least a little. What do you guys do?

General question about bridges - what's the best way to raise/lower your fixed bridge without scratching it? I usually use a flathead screwdriver, and have tried putting a nitrile glove over the tip to prevent scratching the finish on the bridge, but I usually still end up dinging it at least a little. What do you guys do?

Step one is always, always take the tension off the strings. The posts should move pretty easily after you do that. I think I used a coin most recently for height adjustment. The TonePros studs come with a handy flat wrench that doubles as a perfect screw driver for studs. You could probably also make a useful wedge out of some hardwood.

PRS recommends using a quarter: http://prsguitars.com/csc/bridges.html

Tuning and Set-up Hints

Action height is adjustable by raising or lowering the studs that the bridge sits on. To adjust the mounting studs, first detune the instrument to relieve all possible string tension on the bridge. Next, using a Quarter, perform the necessary height adjustments to the bridge. Then, retune the guitar. Bear in mind that the brass studs are a soft metal that could be prone to marring if adjustments are made too forcefully.

Following step one above, I find a thin piece of paper works well. For Philips screws in the neck plate I use a rubber band.

I've got an SE Singlecut and an SE Kestrel Bass. Lots of love there!

Back