SE One Q...Do they make a P90 sized humbucker?

Russ73

I found a clean SE One and I wanted to know if I grabbed it could I throw a HB in there for the heavy project I wanna use it for, I know they make mini humbuckers but Im talking like a full on HB...I just searched the SD site but I couldn't find anything...Thx!

I’ve seen mini humbuckers, p-90 sized buckers, EMG P90s and a couple of us have done Paul’s Guitar buckers

You could do it. Garrett posted the mods he did to his SE One over the last couple of weeks. You'll need to get out your router, though.

Muahahaha!
rXKsgXT.jpg

There are a bunch of makers who do higher output mini hums and humbuckers in P-90 form factor.

For heavy, you can drop in a Wilde/Bill Lawrence L500 XL and tear the roof down. Duncan copied it to make the Dimebucker.

G brand or Seymour Duncan mini humbucker same as a Les Paul Deluxe witch had a P90 cover cut to form a pickup ring basically. I would go the Duncan route. Understand you want full size but when driven the mini's sound killer!

Muahahaha!
rXKsgXT.jpg

There are a bunch of makers who do higher output mini hums and humbuckers in P-90 form factor.

For heavy, you can drop in a Wilde/Bill Lawrence L500 XL and tear the roof down. Duncan copied it to make the Dimebucker.

I’ve got one of those L500 XLs in an ESP of mine. Those are face melters for sure.

Muahahaha!
rXKsgXT.jpg

Did you send this to the PTC? I'm wondering how else you would get a 408 pickup without making a Malcolm Young edition of a Paul's Guitar.

Did you send this to the PTC? I'm wondering how else you would get a 408 pickup without making a Malcolm Young edition of a Paul's Guitar.

I believe Garrett got one from a fellow forum memeber. I found 2 for sale on reverb. One is going in my SE one as well and the other is going in a friends DC3

I found a clean SE One and I wanted to know if I grabbed it could I throw a HB in there for the heavy project I wanna use it for, I know they make mini humbuckers but Im talking like a full on HB...I just searched the SD site but I couldn't find anything...Thx!

https://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/soap-bar/tone-zone-p90

No mods, Heavy guaranteed.... put a push-pull volume pot if you want to split it as well...

Back i in the day, I dropped a Dimarzio Super Distortion crammed into a soapbar into my Les Paul Deluxe. Worked pretty well. Eventually. I just had it routed out and put a full hummer in, but there are lots of P90 size humbucker by the gazillions. Even custom wound models exist. Keep looking but prepare your wallet.

Dave's Guitar Shop had a handful of them. How that happened, I do not know, but they get their hands on some rare PRS stuff from time to time.

Duncan Custom shop will do about any humbucker they make to fit a soapbar housing.

Mini-humbuckers. Should have gone with a black surround, but this really sounded great and I should never have let it go.

4yNsqLI.jpg

Please tell me how this sounded. I need to replace the p90 in my One with a humcancelling pickup. The 3 pickups I have been considering are:

Firebird/mini-hb
Barden P90 size
TV Jones Classic + (soap bar housing)

I use my One for slide amp exclusively, so fatness and sustain are bonuses

Back