SE Mods

Though I thought I was finished modding my SE Nick Catanese my son proved me wrong:oops:. He bought me a neck decal from a place called Neck Illusions. https://neckillusions.com/collections/steel-string-guitars They do full fingerboard covers in some really cool designs and when he saw this, he just had to get it me for the werewolf. I also changed out the toggle surround and tip for black ones and the knobs for a set of aged black & gold bell knobs
51795882397_dc4bc2fc0f_o.jpg

Though I thought I was finished modding my SE Nick Catanese my son proved me wrong:oops:. He bought me a neck decal from a place called Neck Illusions. https://neckillusions.com/collections/steel-string-guitars They do full fingerboard covers in some really cool designs and when he saw this, he just had to get it me for the werewolf. I also changed out the toggle surround and tip for black ones and the knobs for a set of aged black & gold bell knobs
51795882397_dc4bc2fc0f_o.jpg
Not gonna lie, thats kinda cool. Does it peel off?

Not gonna lie, thats kinda cool. Does it peel off?
Thanks and to answer your question, yeah it peels off. It's about at thick as the plastic veneers I used to re-cover the SE headstocks.

Did the neck decal change the sound very much?
To be honest I haven't noticed a change other than she howls

A little background on why this guitar looks like it does.

I am the older of two twins - I have been nicknamed "Eviltwin" by family and close friend since birth. I have no time for Nick Cataenese but will say this a fantastic guitar.
When I was 15 I formed a band called Company of Wolves (Still going strong - with all original members)
My daughter (who sadly passed away 2010) designed the front of this guitar and it has featured on various guitars, the bands vans & the back of my leather jacket since 2003.
On the anniversary of her death I retired the original werewolf, my partner and the band had bought me the the above guitar and had it painted by one of the UK's best airbrush artists "Wolfie"
My son - who features on the autism spectrum scale, wanted to get this completed for his sister as its his favorite guitar from my collection, hence the fretboard.

This guitar is the guitar I play live every gig on "Keyleigh " - for my daughter and "werewolves of London" - my sons favorite song.

Last edited:
Thanks and to answer your question, yeah it peels off. It's about at thick as the plastic veneers I used to re-cover the SE headstocks.

I am the older of two twins - I have been nicknamed "Eviltwin" by family and close friend since birth. I have no time for Nick Cataenese but will say this a fantastic guitar.
When I was 15 I formed a band called Company of Wolves (Still going strong - with all original members)
My daughter (who sadly passed away 2010) designed the front of this guitar and it has featured on various guitars, the bands vans & the back of my leather jacket since 2003.
On the anniversary of her death I retired the original werewolf, my partner and the band had bought my the the above guitar and had it painted by one of the UK's best airburst artists "Wolfie"
My son - who features on the autism spectrum scale, wanted to get have this completed for his sister as its his favorite guitar from my collection, hence the fretboard.

This guitar is the guitar I play live every gig on "Keyleigh " - for my daughter and "werewolves of London" - my sons favorite song.

A beautiful tribute to your daughter.

On the anniversary of her death I retired the original werewolf, my partner and the band had bought my the the above guitar and had it painted by one of the UK's best airburst artists "Wolfie"
My son - who features on the autism spectrum scale, wanted to get have this completed for his sister as its his favorite guitar from my collection, hence the fretboard.

Awesome tribute to your family. I would love to hear your rendition of Kayleigh. Marillion is my absolute favorite band and Rothery, my favorite guitarist.

Thanks guys,

Keyleigh was my favorite song as a kid, it was the only name we considered when we knew we were having a little girl.

I'm not a singer and the vocalist refuses to do this song (says I'll kill him if he stuffs it up live) This is the werewolf in full howl doing the vocal lines.

https://soundcloud.com/user-682351077

Thanks guys,

Keyleigh was my favorite song as a kid, it was the only name we considered when we knew we were having a little girl.

I'm not a singer and the vocalist refuses to do this song (says I'll kill him if he stuffs it up live) This is the werewolf in full howl doing the vocal lines.

https://soundcloud.com/user-682351077
Absolutely Brilliant! Love it.

Back