SE Mods

Had a couple of hours spare yesterday, so threw some Fishman Fluence Modern Humbuckers at my SE 245 Quilt Limited . . . .

FishmanSE.jpeg

And also put some Rev. Willy's Mexican Lottery .007-.038's on.

It screams, and is like playing air guitar at the same time . . . . :D

Last edited:
Had a couple of hours spare yesterday, so threw some Fishman Fluency Modern Humbuckers at my SE 245 Quilt Limited . . . .

FishmanSE.jpeg

And also put some Rev. Willy's Mexican Lottery .007-.038's on.

It screams, and is like playing air guitar at the same time . . . . :D
Sweet. I've always been curious about those Fishman Fluence things. I've come close to pulling the trigger, but just never got around to it.
BTW, cool to see a 7 gauge user. I wish D'Addario made 7 gauge sets, but not as far as I know.

First time on 7’s, and I like them so far! I should have put the same strings on after to compare.

I was complaining about the neck pickup being very muddy, found a screw in the bottom of the cavity that was shorting across poles, not sure if that might have been the issue, but it’s no longer muddy!

Not had long to mess about but happy so far.

I have had them for a while in the cupboard waiting on me finishing a scratch build, managed to get the workshop set up today, so I’ll be needing some more pickups ‍:D

Just realised That I hadn't posted a picture of my finally finished SE Chris Robertson.
51548810092_d61538142a_o.jpg

I also wound some new pickups for one of my Bernies and dropped them in last week.
51549611296_6de6292865_o.jpg

They are wound to be historically correct to Peter Green's guitar (one of Bernie's & mine idols) just minus the covers.
Neck pickup
#42 AWG Heavy Formvar wire
Clockwise wound
Butyrate bobbins
Maple spacers
Special blend magnet
Single core electricians cable output lead

Bridge pickup
#42 AWG palin enamel
Counterclockwise wound
Butyrate bobbins
Maple spacers
Special blend magnet
Single core braided cable

Did a gig with her both friday and saturday nights and after both gigs had people coming up to me admiring the tone I had got her on the various "Greeny" covers we do in our live sets.

Last edited:
I am going to be installing a MannMade PRS/Mann Tremelo Bridge on the 30th Anniversary SE CU24. Stay tuned
Just make sure to ream out the drill holes per instructions. I stripped a head when I put an NOS2000 on my CE, but luckily there were 7 screws in the pack.
I'd even put some candle wax or bar soap on the threads.

These bridges make a massive difference.
Same but different, I recently put a brass block into a semi-hollow/string-through I had built 25 years ago. Finally got tired of the ferrules not being straight, but the impact on sound (unplugged and plugged) is unbelievable. Not just louder (unplugged), but much more balanced.

Bridges matter. Even past the saddles.

citolykel2gvd91abepo.jpg

full

Back in post #1631 I said I was going to get the Mann/PRS Hybrid Bridge. Well, after a minor bump in the road, I finally got it. Short story long, I ordered the bridge on reverb, John Mann sent me the bridge, which arrived while I was out of town for work. When I got home, I opened the box and thought wow what a beautiful piece of work, 'this will look great on my . . . my . . . wait . . . this isn't the bridge I ordered.o_O' 'This is a two pin bridge, I know I ordered the 6 pin hybrid with brass block bridge. A quick check of Reverb confirmed what I knew to be true. It was close to 5 pm but I had to take a chance and call and see what could be done.
Anyway, I am boring myself with this story.:oops:

I got the correct bridge in on Wednesday and installed today when I got home from the other side of the state. Unboxed and installed it in under an hour. No drilling, no damage to my CU24, no damage to the bridge. The only adjustment needed was raising the ADG and B saddles to match the neck radius. What really shocked me was I didn't need to make any adjustments for intonation.:D

Thank you to John Mann and his staff for working with me and providing such an amazing piece of gear.

Here are some pics of the work:
Old bridge out:
VQYwWJJ.jpg

Test fit of the new bridge:
epmjSCm.jpg

Setting the Level: (I used 4 medium picks on each side to get the base level, then fine tuned from there.)
mGKXWQt.jpg

Springs in place:
aK8BsT5.jpg

Restringing with EB Paradigm 9's
c5HrkCp.jpg

All Done:
0L79dPi.jpg

Back