SE Mods

All righty, I went and did a project on all four of my SE's today. I don't much care for the blank truss rod cover, so I jazzed it up a bit.

First, I started with some gloss photo paper and printed the PRS signature in white font on a black background. Then, I got some awesome crystal clear tape from the company "Gorilla." It was very sticky and very see-through. I put the tape over it, traced the truss rod cover border, and carefully cut out the design. I then glued it on the cover, and cut off any excess I missed. Here are the results:

Truss rod cover:

Very cool!

Unrelated to previous problem, just got back from PRS earlier today for some refinements to my SE 24/7 -- Benedetto pickups (B-7), and a new nut. They shaved the Benedetto pickup rings so that it would match -- sorry for the potato pictures, but trust me, it looks fabulous in person. Dialed in the pickup height and everything. Will have to try to get around to posting soundclips, finally (still haven't sorted the preamp-to-computer interface, so don't hold your breath).
yZBIVOK.jpg

Unrelated to previous problem, just got back from PRS earlier today for some refinements to my SE 24/7 -- Benedetto pickups (B-7), and a new nut. They shaved the Benedetto pickup rings so that it would match -- sorry for the potato pictures, but trust me, it looks fabulous in person. Dialed in the pickup height and everything. Will have to try to get around to posting soundclips, finally (still haven't sorted the preamp-to-computer interface, so don't hold your breath).
yZBIVOK.jpg
Dusty. She looks amazing.!!!

yZBIVOK.jpg
Hottie McHottie

Picked up an SE Bernie Marsden a week or so back. Absolutely love this guitar! Only mod I've done is switched the stock pickups for a set of covered 59/09s. A good bit warmer and more PAF-ish than the stock pickups. This is quickly becoming a "Cold, Dead Hands" guitar.

75770D43-F7DE-4470-BB67-71A7F02CEB98_zpshkpfppee.jpg

Picked up an SE Bernie Marsden a week or so back. Absolutely love this guitar! Only mod I've done is switched the stock pickups for a set of covered 59/09s. A good bit warmer and more PAF-ish than the stock pickups. This is quickly becoming a "Cold, Dead Hands" guitar.

75770D43-F7DE-4470-BB67-71A7F02CEB98_zpshkpfppee.jpg

Congrats! They are absolutely KILLER! The low, low cost makes me shake my head.

Alterations made to my SE Tremonti Custom:

Swapped the standard strap buttons for some larger Ibanez ones. They're around the same size as S2/Core.

Fitted Schaller M6 locking machine heads. These are a little heavier than stock, so slightly increase neck dive, but nothing major.

Replaced the Bridge pickup with a 2nd hand core HFS.

I'm entirely happy with the neck SE245.

Here is my modded SE Soapbar:
script>

I replaced the circuit with a 5-way blade superswitch which gives me the usual 3 sounds plus both pickups in series in and out of phase.
In addition, there is a bass contour control where the tone control used to be and a treble control where the toggle was. The tone controls are only active when the treble knob is pulled:
script>

A new bone nut:
script>

Beer strap locks, the most essential upgrade!
script>

script>

Last edited:
Here is my modded SE Soapbar:
30109572731_2dd34c7d3a_b.jpg

I replaced the circuit with a 5-way blade superswitch which gives me the usual 3 sounds plus both pickups in series in and out of phase.
In addition, there is a bass contour control where the tone control used to be and a treble control where the toggle was. The tone controls are only active when the treble knob is pulled:
script>

A new bone nut:
script>

Beer strap locks, the most essential upgrade!
script>

Well, I got one to work. the others are all linked to the same picture.

Nice, I got one the exact same colour with moons too, love it

Back