SE Mods

SE Custom 24 30th anniversary Grey/Black
Grover 406c (black) Locking tuners
SD Sentient / Pegasus Pickups
Core lampshade knobs (added after picture was taken)
G][/I
IMG_2218_zpsepxjrftl.jpg

IMG_2215_zpsdeewjcpr.jpg

IMG_2216_zps9xt7jyv5.jpg

Last edited:
I think a trip to NH is in my near future

Follow up - went to see John about the ZM shown above and after spending some time in his shop I ended up coming home with this instead.
The hot rodded ZM was very close in tone to the S2 but it was the neck feel that won me over.
John was very friendly and super helpful. I would recommend his shop to anyone looking to purchase a PRS guitar.
He really knows his stuff and his selection is incredible.
He even installed his Mannmade bridge and setup while I was there.
Great experience all around and I can't thank him enough.

IMG_2262_zpsy62l4u4h.jpg

IMG_2263_zpsbzekbjdi.jpg

IMG_2262_zpsy62l4u4h.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous, but isn't this the SE topic?

Yes as I have posted my Se as well.
Although the S2 is off topic to this thread it was a follow up to John Mann's post. I originally went to see him about the SE Zach Meyers he has pictured but came home with this instead. That SE is still up for sale and is a great sounding guitar.

Last mod on my Tremonti Custom: hand-made bone nut.
PRS 59/09 Treble pup on the bridge, BKP The Mule on the neck; master volume & master tone; coiltap switch for brudge humbucker; parallel-coil tap-series switch for the neck humbucker; Grover 406c locking tuners with pearloid buttons; lampshade knobs; Schaller strap locks; DiMarzio custom pots and Switchcraft jack input. Last possible mod could be a MannMade NOS 2000 bridge...

IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

That`s a very beautiful red, Carlos. Europe has always received colors we didn`t get here in America.

Thanx. In fact, this was a limited run made in 60 copies for the 60th Anniversary of Thomann, that's probably the biggest retailer in Europe. They had ebony fretboards, too!

Well done guys! Awesome work on your SE's!!

Can anyone help me out with a question i have? I wanna add a thin ebony veneer on my head stock to achieve the PrivateStock look of the picture below. Is there any Pre-cut veneers(With Eagle inlay) ready to buy?

KcuZWIoFRKwZO8eeihJUcrNlkGckhu3E4Yh_D0jkmik

Last edited:
I would check ebay I know a lot of people here get the logo there

Unfortunately there are only few sellers having ebony veneers and all of them are thick.. 2.5-3mm Couple of guys modded their SE's and applied beautifully, veneers and eagle logo's(saw'em in previous posts). Any help / ideas would be much appreciated...

Last edited:
Hearing a lot of about the Mann Made bridges on this thread. How do they compare to the USA PRS ones? I have a 30th SE Custom 24 which i'm looking to upgrade the trem and pups. Already done the tuners and nut, so now want to make it the best it can be as it's slowly becoming my number one axe.

It does appeal the fact that a brand new MM costs less than what I can pickup a used PRS one for on an auction site here in the UK.

Back