SE Mods

Thanks guys. My Tremonti SE is awaiting the same treatment, and possibly a new set of pickups :cool:

Hans said:
SE_One_2Tek_Outside.jpg
That is BAD to the BONE!!!

My modded SE Baritone.

Bridge pickup: PRS HFS with an Alnico 5 magnet.
Neck pickup: Fralin, measures roughly 8K.
Volume and tone pots are CTS
Switch is a superswitch, 5 way, HFS splits on the 2 position, Fralin splits on the 4, both pickups full on in parallel on the 3 (pretty standard switching for this setup).
Knobs are Fender black witch hats, look way better than the small chrome dome knobs IMHO.
Tuners are Planet Waves locking auto trim.

IMG_3118.jpg

And of course, my favorite mod to this instrument. Can you spot it?
IMG_3121.jpg

Where's Art when you need him?

I just had the nut done on mine, the rest is all gravy as the Catanese comes with EMGs & Tonepros stoptail.

Here is my SE mod. Actually it was my son's 5th birthday present, so technically it doesn't belong to me. Paul Miles, Director of Private Stock and bad mofo with a paint gun, did all the work!

f1-1.jpg

f2-1.jpg

f3.jpg

I just did a volume mod on my Bernie SE. It really made the neck volume clear and full all the way through the volume sweep...

IMG_00022.jpg

Replaced the nut on mine to a Tusq one. Had to be done!

Tuners and bridge work perfectly well... Stay in tune and well intonated so no need to change them.

Will probably change the pups to Seymour Duncan 59's... Nickel covered. The zebra look is nice on this guitar but i've always preffered covered pups.

I have two SE's (so far)

SE 245 is completely stock. The only thing that i'm tempted to do is swap the pickups (or install covers on the stock ones) but I love how it sounds now that I don't want to mess with it.

SE Torero in dark cherry. I added a Tremel-no to it to tame the floyd when changing tunings. Absolutely love it. The only thing that would make this better is if it came with the split-able EMG pups. i really miss the coil tapped sound on this pup.

Shawn@PRS said:
Here is my SE mod. Actually it was my son's 5th birthday present, so technically it doesn't belong to me. Paul Miles, Director of Private Stock and bad mofo with a paint gun, did all the work!

f2-1.jpg

Crazy cool paint job on this one! :cool:

Ok guys.
Here's my prank.
2007 Tremonti SE.

Before
TremontiSEblack.jpg

After
3518451739_29b5a5d3bd_o.jpg

3519256090_7160025b15_o.jpg

3518451399_3f3c08aba4.jpg

Specs:
Mahogany body with curly maple top (Tremonti SE carve) with natural curly maple binding.
IRW headstock veneer.
High gloss nitro finish on body.
Satin finish on the neck (neck is mahogany but stained to match fingerboard & headstock color).
ME headstock inlay, bird inlays & side dots hand made of abalam & paua abalone.
PS eagle TRC (I'm not sure if it fits here)
PRS RP pickups with coil tapping (LP controls layout).
Hardware (kind of) mixed, mostly gold.
Amber speed knobs.
PRS phase II tuners with ebony pegheads.
Tone Pros adjustable stoptail with locking studs
Tusq nut.
Frets are original, carefully removed from old and re-set to the new fretboard.
Stringed with 10's.

Back