SE Mods

Maybe you could fill and re-drill the holes for the rings so you don't have the bent ring effect. Tedious, but I've done it. The old toothpick glued in the hole trick.
I'll take a look. I have original PRS Phase I locking tuners I'm going to put on it. I'll take the strings off and restring it to do that and I'll take a look at what's under the pickup rings too.

Rmwrapstore.com or RMWraps.com

You can buy samples of Belbien there, and there's a ton of styles to choose from, even non wood grain types. They come in 8x10 sheets for $3 a sheet.
Can someone provide a link to the actual product please? I looked at through their website and am not sure what you guys ar e using, Thanks!

2019 SE SVN with SD Alpha/Omega pickups in it. I installed these a few years ago, but will be installing SE locking tuners and MannMade saddles very soon! Every time I play it, I rediscover what an incredible instrument it is. And its an SE, but it would stand up just fine with American-made PRS guitars with these upgrades in terms of feel and sound. I was considering selling my 6 string standberg and this SVN and consolidating by combining the two and getting a 7 string standberg. But then I got this guitar out and within a few minutes, I axed that idea into oblivion. What a killer instrument. Will update when I have completed the next round of upgrades!

prs-svn-se_orig.png

Can someone provide a link to the actual product please? I looked at through their website and am not sure what you guys ar e using, Thanks!

This is where to go. Now, before you could just buy the samples online, now you have to consult thier catalog and contact them directly. I think the Di-Noc samples you can still order online, but those sample sizes are about 5"x4". The Belbien ones are the size of a legal paper, o if you gooch an attempt you can try again. Also remember there are two websites. There's RMWraps and a page for thier store. Use the one for the store.

This link will take you to the Di-Noc store. Samples are only $1 a pop. Super cheap.

Anyone know if these lampshade knobs will fit the Zach Myers?

PRS designed lampshade knobs.

Set of 4.

Fits all US-made models with 1/4" split shaft pot or other models with metric size pot.

Clear/Black.

From eBay

Last edited:
Okay so having a little free time over the weekend I decided it was modding time again. Originally I didn't think there would be anything I would change on my new SE Hollowbody II Piezo? After chatting to my son and having a look through my parts drawers we decided a few cosmetic changes wouldn't hurt.

52937955141_d9275c4d5d_o.jpg

Mods include

Replaced tuners with nickel Wilkinson WJN07 EZ-Lok variant (this was done for 2 reasons, I never understand why SE's have nickel bridges but chrome tuners? also one of the SE units felt a little sloppy
Ebony tuner buttons courtesy of @Alnus Rubra (cheers reuben their perfect)
Truss rod cover swapped for "Birds & Moons" one (didn't know the HB feature core sized TRC)
Lampshade knobs
Satin brass bridge studs.

Have any of these mods made the guitar better? probably not but they have made it MINE.

May get a new ebony & MOP TRC made for her, the only other mod I may get is a 2 way micro switch added linked to 2 resistors 2.2k & 1.1k for tapping the pickups.

Last edited:
Nice mods ! I have the same model guitar.

Odds are - you will not be able to put a push/pull pot into that guitar, because of the pre-amp board that most likely will be in the way. (not enough clearance).
It worked on my SE hbII piezo. I just added a dedicated neck volume with push pull for coil split with the resistors. Also threw on some Se locking tuners with ebony buttons, custom abalone bird trc, gold locking studs, 57/08 pickups with hybrid hardware and core pickup rings with gold screws, lampshade knobs and switchcraft toggle switch.

Last edited:
It worked on my SE hbII piezo. I just added a dedicated neck volume with push pull for coil split with the resistors. Also threw on some Se locking tuners with ebony buttons, custom abalone bird trc, gold locking studs, 57/08 pickups with hybrid hardware, lampshade knobs and switchcraft toggle switch.
That TRC is siiiiiiick

My SE singlecut soapie. USA stoptail bridge from a McCarty that I put an adjustable bridge on. Also threw on some phase II tuners I took off my core custom 24. And then finished off with the Santana TRC, lampshade knobs and gold screws. I also upgraded the electronics pots and switch and wired it for dual volume instead of 1 volume 1 tone. Oh and gold strap buttons.

Back