SE Mods

I've been using Switchcraft jacks forever and they totally last. but going forward i might start using PureTone full contact jacks...
I went with this kit cause it was all in one pre-wired.. PRS doesn't seem to sell them anymore or they have been out of stock for ever

Here is what I am doing once the parts come in

Replacement wiring harness from Buhr
  • Bourns PDA241 Long Life 500 kΩ Volume Potentiometer
  • Alpha 500 kΩ Push/Push DPDT Coil Split Tone Potentiometer
  • CRL 3-Way Blade Switch Pickup Selector (No Tip Included)
  • Switchcraft #11 Mono Output Jack
  • Orange Drop .022 µF 716P 400v Tone Capacitor
  • Buhr Electronics Treble Bleed (716P .001 µF w/ Xicon 150 kΩ 1/4 Resistor)
  • Gavitt Cloth Pushback Wire

New lamp shade knobs to fit the 21 spline

Seymour Duncan - JB in the bridge - JAzz in the neck

Already have locking tuners on it and bone nut.

Need to order the Mann 1 piece bridge once my wife isn't looking anymore :)
I have the hotrodded set. Let me know how you like the pickups.

SE locking tuners, Amber lamp shades, Core tremelo/bridge, core trem and boomerang covers (I like the texture) and Tremonti Bridge pickup.

Next I plan to remove the coil tap and replace both knobs with USA ones. I never use the tap and want to simplify the wiring.

Looking to replace my pick ups and bridge, 2014 SE CU24

Is the money worth being spent on the bridge? Looking at John Mann's bridge

pick ups are less than the bridge , looking at either a SD JB or Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge
Absolutely on the Mann trem. I have one of each of his models and they’re super sounding. Very easy to install if you take the time to measure the trems screw height before you take off the old.

Hey all!

Ive recently purchased a practically new (plastic still on pickguard) SE Mira for $450 shipped. From what I can tell it’s a 2019-2020 based on serial #.

This is my first PRS. I wanted to find something inexpensive with humbuckers that will serve almost exclusively as my #2 guitar. I have an extra set of Fralin Pure PAF I am planning to drop in. From what I can tell, a new nut (maybe Tusq?) is in order. What other upgrades would you all suggest? Since I’ll be swapping the pickups, would new wiring be a good idea? How do you all find the stock bridge to hold up? I don’t want to put a TON of money into it, as it will be a backup guitar.

Im excited to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Hey all!

Ive recently purchased a practically new (plastic still on pickguard) SE Mira for $450 shipped. From what I can tell it’s a 2019-2020 based on serial #.

This is my first PRS. I wanted to find something inexpensive with humbuckers that will serve almost exclusively as my #2 guitar. I have an extra set of Fralin Pure PAF I am planning to drop in. From what I can tell, a new nut (maybe Tusq?) is in order. What other upgrades would you all suggest? Since I’ll be swapping the pickups, would new wiring be a good idea? How do you all find the stock bridge to hold up? I don’t want to put a TON of money into it, as it will be a backup guitar.

Im excited to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
See how it plays and sounds. I think the SE electronics can be fine, unless you get a wiggly switch. If I were to go for pots, I’d do a treble bleed.

Back