SE Mods

Do we have a good option upgrade to the SE CU24 3-way-blade switch? Is the Core USA 3-way blade a direct drop in for the SE?

Dude, try a oak grisby !

I'm use these switch on 2 of my SE !

Yep, the Oak or the regular CRL.

The core switch is just a CRL with a custom tip. No reason to shell out the extra cash unless you just HAVE to have the bigger tip.

Yep, the Oak or the regular CRL.

The core switch is just a CRL with a custom tip. No reason to shell out the extra cash unless you just HAVE to have the bigger tip.

#Gotcha !

But... My Mike Mushok SE when received it came with an ordinary chinese switch which i exchanged for an oak grisby immediately, so i recommended the switch.

#Gotcha !

But... My Mike Mushok SE when received it came with an ordinary chinese switch which i exchanged for an oak grisby immediately, so i recommended the switch.

Yup, the SE guitars come with cheapo ones.

I was agreeing the Oak Grigsby is a nice upgrade, as is the CRL switch. As is the Core PRS switch (though it's expensive).

I might of missed this, but I'm going to ask anyway...

Does anyone have experience with Jackson Guitar Electronics? They are selling prefabbed SE wiring harnesses for the Custom 24 and 245 on Reverb. I'm wondering if they are worth the cost and sound as good as they claim.

Does anyone have experience with Jackson Guitar Electronics? They are selling prefabbed SE wiring harnesses for the Custom 24 and 245 on Reverb. I'm wondering if they are worth the cost and sound as good as they claim.

Hadn't heard of them before, but they look like great components and that's the nicest soldering I've ever seen.

You mean Jackson Electronic Luthier in Houston, TX?
If so, I've bought Les Paul wiring harnesses (on Reverb) from him which are THE BOMB.
Super clean work.

https://reverb.com/shop/jackson-electronic-luthier

Last edited:

Also, "I might HAVE missed this" :cool:

Do we have a good option upgrade to the SE CU24 3-way-blade switch? Is the Core USA 3-way blade a direct drop in for the SE?
Not sure how it is on the SEs, but Schaller megaswitches are awesome and they fit on my S2.

Part of me wants to say, "Don't you mean 'a rat's fanny'?".

The other part of me says, "Nicely done, sir!"

Americans might not know that fanny means something quite different in British English, back home it means ***** ( word for female genitals the forum won't let me post) not arse like it does in the USA. So "rat's fanny" sounds bloody weird and very dodgy lol.

Americans might not know that fanny means something quite different in British English, back home it means ***** not arse like it does in the USA. So it sounds bloody weird and very dodgy lol.

I knew that - and that's why I always chuckle a little when that Bee Gees song comes on the radio.

The apostrophe is there, it's just really small. ;)

4232110.jpg

Bringing this thread back on topic...

Finally ‘completed’ the mods on my SE Singlecut with some electronics work. (I’ve mentioned blacking out the plastics before)

Put some Tremonti ‘S’ pickups in, along with a USA PRS volume with treble bleed.

Since this is my ‘mess around with wiring and stuff’ guitar, it now has a push-pull tone that selects two different capacitors:
- a normal .033uf cap
- a .0047uf cap that gives a kind of “cocked wah” tone

Pics of course - and it does really go to 11!

F6zLXcf.jpg

slhKs2n.jpg

lnatf08.jpg

Back