SE Mods

Here are my latest SE mods!

Now my SE Santana has two coil split mini switches for its PRS 59/09 pickups. :D

full

Now my SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow Exotic Ebony Top has - guess what? - two coil split mini switches for its PRS 85/15 pickups. :D

full

Now my SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow has two coil split mini switches for its Lollar Imperial pickups. :D

(The pickups came with a 2008 McCarty as original McCarty pickups)

full

On each guitar, I added the modern 2013+ wiring with the two additional resistors effective in coil split mode.

I am very happy with these new sound options!

Now my SE Santana has two coil split mini switches for its PRS 59/09 pickups. :D

full

Now my SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow Exotic Ebony Top has - guess what? - two coil split mini switches for its PRS 85/15 pickups. :D

full

Now my SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow has two coil split mini switches for its Lollar Imperial pickups. :D

full

On each guitar, I added the modern 2013+ wiring with the two additional resistors effective in coil split mode.

Hubba hubba!

full

full

full

Hell yeah! I approve! Not that it matters

full

full

full

Sweet!! Nicely done!

Greetings everyone! New to the forums, as I just picked up my first PRS - Trampas Green Zach Myers SE - a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Tremendous, tremendous guitar that in my opinion can go toe-to-toe with any American/Core model. That said, I'm planning on swapping in some aftermarket pickups and am going to add a custom truss rod cover (purely aesthetic). Hope to have some pictures in a few weeks!

Due to some intonation problems I was having I decided to take the leap and order a PRS adjustable stoptail. Problems solved. Plus the addition of Some Schaller Locking Tuners, Core PRS nut and Amber Lampshade knobs.

Mods So far:

PRS Adjustable Stoptail Bridge
Schaller M6 Locking Tuners
Core Nut
Amber Lampshade knobs
Brushed Nickel Pickup Covers
Satin Neck

Thinking about some gold Pickup Screws and surround screws... Thoughts?

k9vVMFk.jpg

ahBlRAb.jpg

Due to some intonation problems I was having I decided to take the leap and order a PRS adjustable stoptail. Problems solved. Plus the addition of Some Schaller Locking Tuners, Core PRS nut and Amber Lampshade knobs.

Mods So far:

Core Nut
Amber Lampshade knobs
Satin Neck

k9vVMFk.jpg

ahBlRAb.jpg
Guitar is BEAUTIFUL. I wouldn't go wthe gold screws, but that's me. I'm planning a custom truss rod cover for my Zach Myers - I feel like something other than the black plastic would look good on this guitar too.

Mods So far:

Core Nut
Amber Lampshade knobs
Satin Neck

k9vVMFk.jpg

ahBlRAb.jpg

Hahaha! That guitar is ridiculously nice lookin'! It's perfect. You're done. Start shopping for the next one.

Cheers Sergiodeblanc! Although working in design, you soon learn nothing is ever perfect ;)

Pallajt, good idea. I’d consider buying some thick rosewood veneer and making a truss rod cover to match the fingerboard.

Mods So far:

Core Nut
Amber Lampshade knobs
Satin Neck

k9vVMFk.jpg

ahBlRAb.jpg

Add another "nay" on the gold. It looks done to me as-is. If anything, go for black mounting ring screws like on the USA guitars.

Because I'm a hopeless modder, I have already assembled a small collection of parts for my yet-to-be-received SE Custom 24 7 String.

I had a core PRS volume pot, CTS push/pull pot, and Super Switch laying around already. I needed a couple resistors in order to complete my 8 position wiring mod, which gave me an excuse to pick up a couple of extra-length alnico 5 magnets for if I want to tweak the tone of the HFS/VB pups. I have a set of black lampshades arriving today. I also have some black pickup mounting ring screws to throw into the mix. I need help (no I don't).

Dx4C0qF.jpg

You have just reminded me that I have some cheap Chinese pups waiting for some A5 mags and uprated leads. Sometimes I get lucky with these ventures and sometimes not but we need something to do inbetween meals and I cannot think of a better hobby to pass my time with. Hope it all goes well for you, @garrett :)

Well I have another project starting!
I'll update this post as I go. I picked up a se245 recently and decided to make it a workhorse! And upgrade the guitar hardware wise and appearance wise!

First thing was making look like a proper prs. I hate the se headstock. The SE logo just looks bad to me. I prefer the signature.
So I "wrapped" the headstock. Getting a logo on there soon! Also swapped out the tuners for a set if Mann made locking tuners.
Next I swapped out the pickups. I put a set of dimarzo 36th anniversary pickups in it.
Next up was swapping pots. All cts pots going in. With a twist. There will be only one master volume and one master tone. The lower two knobs work be a kill switch and a coil splitter.
Next up I dyed the fretboard a little darker to match the theme of the guitar.

Up next will be a Tonepros adjustable bridge, and a proper set up!
More to come soon!!

I wanted a Mann made adjustable bridge, but they are out of stock. Ready to get this guitar done! May put one on later.

Skip it. It's the wrong radius and the strings pop outta the saddle grooves when you do bends. I literally gave mine away to a guy that then gave it away.
This. You can get the saddles notched to correct radius, but it still sucks.

Also, the bottom isn't closed, so stringing it is an exercise in frustration trying to get them to wrap thru the back and not under it.

Back