SE McCarty follow up : (

I had an SE 594 DC on order also. I decided a used S2 would be a better deal so I cancelled the order. I just made a deal for a 2022 S2 594. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

I currently own 3 SEs so I'm definitely not averse to them. This is going to be my first S2.

Well friends, it looks like the latest date for the SE McCarty 594 was mid September. I can't wait that long. So, I just got the McCarty 594 core on the way! Yeah, pretty freaking stoked!
You have the same logic as me... I can't get the cheaper version quickly so I'll spend more money! Brilliant; can't wait to see it

Aw yeah! Congrats on taking the plunge
Thanks! I'd love to own a core but I just can't justify the price for my purposes. I like the way Les Pausl sound but playing them feels like plowing a field with a donkey.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'd love to own a core but I just can't justify the price for my purposes. I like the way Les Pausl sound but playing them feels like plowing a field with a donkey.
Well, don't expect a 594 to sound like a Les Paul.. They just don't.

Some people say they do. Some people say they don't. Either way, it's as close and I'm going to get.
I am not dissing on the 594.. I actually own one (see <<)., and I also own a 2012 LP Standard, and a 2004 LP DC Standard. It's just that I like the 594 for what it is, not what it isn't. Simply saying that if you are looking for an LP sound, this is just not the guitar and you will ultimately be disappointed...

In A>B comparisons it really sounds nothing like a Les Paul, it is missing all the rude brashness that distinguishes an LP from everything else. For all its manufacturing quality, and aesthetics, the 594 tbh has no identifiable character... its just workmanlike.

If you can lose the thought of it sounding like an LP the 594 is a great, good looking, well built guitar with a flexible tonal palette and I thoroughly recommend it

Back