SE Locking Tuners!

Shawn@PRS

yogi
You asked for 'em, you got 'em! SE Locking Tuners

https://us.prsaccessories.com/products/prs-se-locking-tuners-set

SE_Locking_Tuners_Set_of_six_106297--C-003_1000x.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered a set with my guitar preorder, will try to do a tone comparison between the stock and these. I am not expecting to be able to hear a difference, but we’ll see.

Good call! It's always fun to experiment, anyways!

I'm curious if the new SE locking tuners will make their way over to the Zach Myers or SE Paul's Guitar design....

That would be cool, I would take a set for both, as I’ve been considering sending those in for conversion. I have been pleased with those I’ve had converted by Mann, but these with the brass? shafts/sleeves seem even better.

Hi Shawn,

These SE locking tuners looks great! I just bought my new PRS 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 and I have two questions; one is it compatible with my guitar? Second, can I replace the tuning machine with the PRS phase III locking tuners? if it can be done with some adjustment, what are the adjustment? I just love the look of the open gear on the phase II locking tuners.

Thank you!

Hi Shawn,

These SE locking tuners looks great! I just bought my new PRS 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 and I have two questions; one is it compatible with my guitar? Second, can I replace the tuning machine with the PRS phase III locking tuners? if it can be done with some adjustment, what are the adjustment? I just love the look of the open gear on the phase II locking tuners.

Thank you!

Hi,

The SE Locking tuners are compatible with your 35th Anniversary SE Custom. However, the Phase III locking tuners are not compatible with your guitar.

Cheers

Hi,

The SE Locking tuners are compatible with your 35th Anniversary SE Custom. However, the Phase III locking tuners are not compatible with your guitar.

Cheers
Thanks for the info! looking forward to replace the tuning machine once it's available in my country.

I have one follow up question for you, can I replace the tuner button on the SE locking tuners with ebony or pearloid button?

Best Regards!

I ordered a set with my guitar preorder, will try to do a tone comparison between the stock and these. I am not expecting to be able to hear a difference, but we’ll see.
If tuned rightly (so that the strings can’t slip from the tuner), there won’t be a difference between stock machine heads and locking tuners. But being a rather lazy person I like the benefit of the ease and the speed of string change with locking tuners :rolleyes:.

If tuned rightly (so that the strings can’t slip from the tuner), there won’t be a difference between stock machine heads and locking tuners. But being a rather lazy person I like the benefit of the ease and the speed of string change with locking tuners :rolleyes:.

I love these tuners, I put a set on my SE Akesson for exactly that reason. The stock tuners were doing fine, but I love the string changes on these.

Installed them on my SE Custom 24 and I'm loving them. First experience with locking tuners and string changes are a breeze.

These came out about a week after I bought and installed a set of the regular phase II ones on my SE. For quite a bit less. While I don't regret getting them, I wish I had waited!

Hi @Shawn@PRS! I noticed that the only available locking tuners for the SE are Chrome hardware, but the new SE HollowBody II Piezo has Nickel hardware according to the specs on the website. Is it possible to get the locking tuners in a nickel finish?

Additionally, I'm curious as to the size of the tuner holes. Do they fit 10mm tuners?

Last edited:
Back