SE Locking Tuners - hardware issue

needsmoresklll

Practice, suck less, repeat
My SE locking tuners finally arrived and I installed them today, only running into 1 minor issue. The supplied screws are too small (diameter, not length) for my 2017 MIK SE Santana. Maybe not an issue for guitars from Indonesia? I was able to just reuse the ones that came out of the stock tuners.

Restringing was quite a bit faster, and the unplated brass shafts look awesome. Shame about the hardware.

The exact same ratio as the stock ones too so no unexpected change there. 18:1

Here is an image of the two machine heads and you will notice the screw size difference.

79223153_3173968992629727_3957905886176870400_o.jpg

79320782_3173968955963064_4447856393591980032_o.jpg

a>

Last edited:
Weird...looks clear on my phone. Try clicking the image and see if it clears up. In any case imagine a screw that is obviously smaller than another screw sitting beside it.

I just wonder if anyone else has installed these and notice the same thing.

Weird...looks clear on my phone. Try clicking the image and see if it clears up.
Looks good to you bc you’re logged in as the photo owner. They blur and watermark it to prevent embedding, which I guess is better than trying to chisel a bunch of money from people and then breaking a ton of forums like they did before.

The new screws worked great on my 2007 SE. No biggie that the screws didn't fit your guitar, though. Piece of cake to use the original screws or fill the holes with some toothpick pieces.

The new screws worked great on my 2007 SE. No biggie that the screws didn't fit your guitar, though. Piece of cake to use the original screws or fill the holes with some toothpick pieces.
Thanks for the feedback. I am not concerned about it as I was able to reuse the stock screw. Just thought I would share the experience to improve the product and let others know.

Looks good to you bc you’re logged in as the photo owner. They blur and watermark it to prevent embedding, which I guess is better than trying to chisel a bunch of money from people and then breaking a ton of forums like they did before.
Just logged out of photo bucket and this forum and checked it and it still has no water mark on my phone... Laptop shows watermark and is blurred out. Weird.

Yep, if you don't pay PB ransom, the pics will appear that way to everyone else.

I don't pay. How does this look?

TaylorT3BHnyBrstBody_zpseup3lsob.jpg

Yep, if you don't pay PB ransom, the pics will appear that way to everyone else.

I don't pay. How does this look?

TaylorT3BHnyBrstBody_zpseup3lsob.jpg
Funny, that pic is watermarked on my desktop but not my mobile... I will just upload the image from another source.

Back