SE Locking Tuners compatible with my SE Paul's Guitar?

Ira Snyder

Hey, I just bought the PRS SE Locking Tuners from Sweetwater. I'm hoping to upgrade the tuners on my SE Paul's Guitar.

Clearly the tuners on the Paul's guitar must be different from the tuners on the other models in the SE line. I'm not jazzed about having extra holes on the back of my guitar (if I install these). I don't love the stock tuners either, so I'm looking for advice.

For those of you that have done a locking tuner upgrade, are these tuners really supposed to be compatible with my guitar. Or is there another set of PRS locking tuners that will work better?

thx!

Hey, I just bought the PRS SE Locking Tuners from Sweetwater. I'm hoping to upgrade the tuners on my SE Paul's Guitar.

Clearly the tuners on the Paul's guitar must be different from the tuners on the other models in the SE line. I'm not jazzed about having extra holes on the back of my guitar (if I install these). I don't love the stock tuners either, so I'm looking for advice.

For those of you that have done a locking tuner upgrade, are these tuners really supposed to be compatible with my guitar. Or is there another set of PRS locking tuners that will work better?

thx!

I have to second the gotoh sd90s. Some of the best tuners I own. I prefer the vintage ones without the thumbwheel. https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/ is where I get them from, Drop Kenny an email.

Back