SE Hollowbody thread

For those buying at SW, here’s my timeline:
Photos dated Dec 19
Serial number assigned to order on/around Dec 22
Credit card charged on Dec 23
Guitar *scheduled to leave* Sweetwater on Dec 24
Expected delivery date Dec 27 (the only day I’m working this week. — Argh!)
As of now, I still haven’t received an email confirming shipment.

Last edited:
Very Nice. But I think I heard a misstatement in the video. AFAIK, the Standard is 3-ply while the II is a 5-ply.

A small mistake but shouldn't detract from the purpose of the video. I don't think many would be put off by finding out its not a 5-ply as mentioned and far more interested in the sounds of the guitar and first impressions....

I have the SE HBII coming in January. The local shop tells me they expect delivery sometime during the first full week of the month.

Naturally, I'll be counting down the seconds, come the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.....

I had to run home for lunch...
LRNdtpH.png

SW has a large "Do Not Open for 24 Hours" sticker on it. So close and yet so far.

Ok. I unboxed my guitar. 6.10 lbs (vs the 6.0 reported by SW). As others have reported it’s fairly loud acoustically albeit with the muffled tone you’d expect from 3-ply mahogany.

The neck does feel a little smaller than an SE W/F but bigger than an S2 Pattern Regular.

So far I’ve only plugged it into a THR-10, but I do like these new 58/15 “S” pickups. The neck pickup is warm and country licks sound right at home on the bridge pickup.

I’m looking forward to plugging it into my Tone King later to get a better idea how it sounds.

Other than the ebony being slightly uneven in color (a little conditioner should fix that), it looks cosmetically perfect.

I’m now in the “waiting for the first ding” mode. ;)

Ok. I unboxed my guitar. 6.10 lbs (vs the 6.0 reported by SW). As others have reported it’s fairly loud acoustically albeit with the muffled tone you’d expect from 3-ply mahogany.

The neck does feel a little smaller than an SE W/F but bigger than an S2 Pattern Regular.

So far I’ve only plugged it into a THR-10, but I do like these new 58/15 “S” pickups. The neck pickup is warm and country licks sound right at home on the bridge pickup.

I’m looking forward to plugging it into my Tone King later to get a better idea how it sounds.

Other than the ebony being slightly uneven in color (a little conditioner should fix that), it looks cosmetically perfect.

I’m now in the “waiting for the first ding” mode. ;)

Nice! Congratulations, now we need photos please!:D

You know, I tried to save you from viewing my wretched photography by posting SW's photos of my guitar. But since you asked for it....

eH14KIh.jpg

naHEi46.jpg

And here are some very bad attempts to show some innards:

JGTW3s4.jpg

zohBG0r.jpg

Thanks Tim, she’s a beauty and your photography skills are on point.

Looks great! These standard HB’s seem to have a great warm woody tone. Let the Woody jokes fly!:D

Guthrie, Allen or Toy Story?

As nice as the Hollowbody sounds clean, it sounds fantastic using an overdriven tweed. A little less cutting than the 85/15 “S”, these 58/15 “S” pickups are a little more rounded — more musical.
It’s like the guitar is challenging you to make it sound bad knowing it’s simply not possible. :)

Back